This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


WTB NICE 720 and/or 60" Deck

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Location: Walnut IL
Points: 5274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB NICE 720 and/or 60" Deck
    Posted: 26 Apr 2026 at 12:16pm
Good afternoon! The 720 I mow a particular hillside with finally had the deck rust away and the center arbor fell through. I reworked this deck some 20 years ago. It's getting thin all over. I'd also entertain buying a complete 720/9020 with deck etc in really good shape, preferably repowered. Even when my Onan has fresh points it is a little short on power going up the hill taking a 60" swath. I've tried other mowers on this hillside, and the 720 just works really well, low and wide, like me! The closer to Northern IL the better. I don't have time for mower projects lol! I have cash in hand. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 26 Apr 2026 at 4:12pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Location: Plymouth Utah
Points: 4231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2026 at 9:10pm
some one on  here was making new decks a few years ago 
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1681
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2026 at 6:20am
Rhere is one for sale this week in the Lancaster farming mailbox market. I could go dig it it up but that is a drive. Let we know
Back to Top
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Location: Walnut IL
Points: 5274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2026 at 12:23pm
A guy about an hour from here has a bunch of simplicity parts, so will go see him sometime. Was really hoping someone had one they repowered and in really nice shape they decided was too big for them or wanted a zero turn lol! The catch is close to me in N IL lol! I am not driving half way across the country for one lol! There's lots of them in my area of the world. Also, Dennis Stork has a nice deck I'd like to get but distance again making that tough. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for something. Thanks everyone.

Edited by injpumpEd - 02 May 2026 at 12:24pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Back to Top
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Location: Shenandoah, Va
Points: 5690
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2026 at 9:12pm
Awww come on Ed, bring your puller with ya to the east and have a couple hooks while you pick up the mower deck in Pa. Heck I will drive up to watch ya! Don't let the $5.69/gal for diesel sway you! Nice scenic drive.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Back to Top
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Old Monroe, Mo
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2026 at 2:53pm
I just saw a 720 with deck for sale in Nilwood ILL, listed on facebook marketplace. $2800, it does look to be taken care of. The seller may not get many calls though, he has Chalmers misspelled in the listing. Good luck.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Back to Top
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Location: Walnut IL
Points: 5274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2026 at 2:39pm
I'll look into that. I met up with Sam over by cambridge yesterday and got a deck, great guy, lots of knowledge on simplicity tractors. I may just repower my 720 in the off season, though I'll keep watching for a smokin deal. I see that one is south of springfield. Long ways, but a really nice looking later model 720. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 17 May 2026 at 2:42pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum