Print Page | Close Window

WTB NICE 720 and/or 60" Deck

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Classifieds
Forum Description: For sale or wanted items
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=210891
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2026 at 9:37pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: WTB NICE 720 and/or 60" Deck
Posted By: injpumpEd
Subject: WTB NICE 720 and/or 60" Deck
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2026 at 12:16pm
Good afternoon! The 720 I mow a particular hillside with finally had the deck rust away and the center arbor fell through. I reworked this deck some 20 years ago. It's getting thin all over. I'd also entertain buying a complete 720/9020 with deck etc in really good shape, preferably repowered. Even when my Onan has fresh points it is a little short on power going up the hill taking a 60" swath. I've tried other mowers on this hillside, and the 720 just works really well, low and wide, like me! The closer to Northern IL the better. I don't have time for mower projects lol! I have cash in hand. 

-------------
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!



Replies:
Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 01 May 2026 at 9:10pm
some one on  here was making new decks a few years ago 


Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 02 May 2026 at 6:20am
Rhere is one for sale this week in the Lancaster farming mailbox market. I could go dig it it up but that is a drive. Let we know


Posted By: injpumpEd
Date Posted: 02 May 2026 at 12:23pm
A guy about an hour from here has a bunch of simplicity parts, so will go see him sometime. Was really hoping someone had one they repowered and in really nice shape they decided was too big for them or wanted a zero turn lol! The catch is close to me in N IL lol! I am not driving half way across the country for one lol! There's lots of them in my area of the world. Also, Dennis Stork has a nice deck I'd like to get but distance again making that tough. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for something. Thanks everyone.

-------------
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!


Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 04 May 2026 at 9:12pm
Awww come on Ed, bring your puller with ya to the east and have a couple hooks while you pick up the mower deck in Pa. Heck I will drive up to watch ya! Don't let the $5.69/gal for diesel sway you! Nice scenic drive.

-------------
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD


Posted By: Leon B MO
Date Posted: 16 May 2026 at 2:53pm
I just saw a 720 with deck for sale in Nilwood ILL, listed on facebook marketplace. $2800, it does look to be taken care of. The seller may not get many calls though, he has Chalmers misspelled in the listing. Good luck.
Leon B Mo


-------------
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".


Posted By: injpumpEd
Date Posted: 17 May 2026 at 2:39pm
I'll look into that. I met up with Sam over by cambridge yesterday and got a deck, great guy, lots of knowledge on simplicity tractors. I may just repower my 720 in the off season, though I'll keep watching for a smokin deal. I see that one is south of springfield. Long ways, but a really nice looking later model 720. 

-------------
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net