![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
Gleaner A combine for sale |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
WF owner
Orange Level
Joined: 12 May 2013 Location: Bombay NY Points: 5309 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Gleaner A combine for salePosted: 10 hours 4 minutes ago at 1:16pm |
|
A local farmer just passed away (in his late 60's) and his wife is selling some of his stuff. She has a Gleaner combine for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I contacted her and she says it is an A.
I'm sure it was probably bought by his father in the early 60's.
|
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23530 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 4 hours 21 minutes ago at 6:59pm |
|
With the engine looking like a G-230, I'd call it a model "A-2".
|
|
![]() |
|
dp7000
Bronze Level Access
Joined: 26 Sep 2021 Location: Winchester Kent Points: 182 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 3 hours 36 minutes ago at 7:44pm |
|
Doc, I have a A3 diesel that I inherited from my father in the barn. What engine does it have and would it fit a tractor? I’ve never dug into it, he bought it at a sale but never used it. Supposed to be low hour. He had E series he used when I was young.
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23530 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 2 hours 3 minutes ago at 9:17pm |
|
No such thing as an "A-3". A model A-2 would have a D-17/D-262 diesel. A model E-3 would have a 170 gas engine ( V-code compression) with a D-17 carburetor.
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
|
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |