This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Dream plane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:05am

Iv only road in two different planes a big one and a little 13 passenger and i liked them both but when the big one came down in vegas it took almost 4 hours to get my ears to pop and i tryed everything! But the little on took us out to the grand canyon and that one flew lower and my ears didnt pop then! My other favorite is the ones that dont crash! LOL

In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:20am
I must be old fashioned as I like the open cockpit planes. My favorite is the 101 Stearman Biplane. Still kicking myself for passing one up in '69 for $1500. 
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:42am
to answer Glenn, I had a commercial Airplane, single and multiengine land, rotorcraft helicopter, instrument, airplane instructor and instrument instructor, advanced and instrument ground instructor tickets at one time.
My ideal aircraft would be a UH-1H, a TH-55T in helicopters, and a Cessna 180, An American Tiger, or a Piper Pacer.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:15am
Sorry for you guy's but I prefer the superb Messerschmidt BF109-Gustav as first for the prop's

A plane that was born in 1935 witch the most modern and technically advanced was on unkown class on it's own. At that time there wasn't any other plane that was equivalent

[TUBE]_a_TETqe1Cg[/TUBE]

Also I have always a love for the Russian fighters. The looks of this Sukhoi SU-34

---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Scott(GA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:09pm
OK, I'll admit it - this is different.  But  I worked on it at Boeing as an engineer in the late 70's and I thought it was going to be very cool...  until the project was cancelled.

Scott

Air Transport Pilot - L-188, DC-9, 737, 757, 767

jhid View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:08pm
Mine would be a Piper Cub or Lancair Legacy
red and green are nice for christmas, but orange is all year round
http://www.canadianantiquetractor.com/tractorforum/
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:14pm
Anything faster than 400 knots indicated, room for 6, and 300lbs of luggage, fully fueled!!!  I am thinking the new Citation X would be just fine!!! 

Edited by Orange Blood - 05 May 2011 at 5:23pm
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:18pm
You'd prolly want one of these then...

I know it cruises at a little bit slower of a speed then what you want, but it can also take off and land on shorter run ways, which means you can get into more places others can't...
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by morton(pa) morton(pa) wrote:

You'd prolly want one of these then...

I know it cruises at a little bit slower of a speed then what you want, but it can also take off and land on shorter run ways, which means you can get into more places others can't...
Thanks, but I changed my mind, 210 was too slow, he he he   Besides if we are talking dreams, dream big right?!  :-)  I can always by the cub for low level stuff, if I have enough money to keep the Citation aloft
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:49pm
mind would have to be, the ryan PT-22. We sold our Piper Clipper in March,  Now my son and I, are building a Breezy RLU-1 Told the flight instrutor my boy will be using , the  breezy for his trainer

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:56pm
I was in High School during the Korean War and I can remember sitting in class daydreaming and sketching pictures of the F-86 Sabre-Jet.
I thought they were the most beautiful thing in the world;  well.........
next to Beverly K with the tight sweater.  LOL
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:18pm
scott.you never got to fly the 880 convair...what a ride...
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:06pm
Always wanted a P40 Warhawk painted up in the Flying Tigers colors.  The F4U Corsair is absolutely awesome.  Just need to win a couple of lottery jackpots.
Most of my flying is in a Piper Aztec and  a Piper Seneca.  On occasion I fly a Cessna 402 and 414.  Sometime within the next few weeks, I am supposed to fly an Aero Commander back from Caldwell, Idaho. 
As far as fun flying, it is hard to beat a tail wheel airplane.
As a flight instructor, I have had the oppertunity to fly many different aircraft.  I have flown part 135 but perfer part 91 because there rules are looser and NO DUTY LOGS.
If anyone needs a flight review or instrument check let me know.  My ratings are CFI, CFII and MEI.  Also have ground instructor ratings.

Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:18pm

Here's my bread and butter.  we must have been in Europe with the castle in the background.  My favorite is the F4.  Loved the J-79 engine.

Scott(GA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by j.w.freck j.w.freck wrote:

scott.you never got to fly the 880 convair...what a ride...

I did get to fly the DC-8 (unofficially 1-time)  - I was a pretty new at the air line and it was driving the Captain nuts that I was never going to get to fly "the queen of the skies".  ...  that's as close as I got to a Convair 880 era aircraft.

In addition to my type ratings, I do have seat time in a couple of airplanes that are in limited use these days:  L-1011 & 727.  I flew a H-53 once - flying a helicopter is a guilty pleasure.  Ha!  I really enjoyed flying that thing around.

Never been supersonic - closest I've gotten is .86 Mach.

I did have a P-3C at 395 knots at 200 feet over New Jersey in 1985.

Best regards,

Scott

Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:33pm
My other favorite.  RF4C Phantom jet. Best was in test cell with the engine.  Extremely loud.  

jhill52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhill52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:35am
One of my favorites is the A-10. I get 2 or more over my house at low altitude 3 or 4 times a weel. They are flying out of Selfridge AB. Man they are lou when they are low.
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:09pm
say scott,have you ever heard of or saw a howard 350 or a howard 500 airplane? quite an awsome machine for its time.if not look it up on the internet.used as an excutive a/c in the late 50,s and early 60,s...
Scott(GA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by j.w.freck j.w.freck wrote:

say scott,have you ever heard of or saw a howard 350 or a howard 500 airplane? quite an awsome machine for its time.if not look it up on the internet.used as an excutive a/c in the late 50,s and early 60,s...

I was completely unfamiliar with that aircraft and the company that made it.  Thanks for letting be know about it so I could check it out via Google.

Best regards,

Scott
JR Maley View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR Maley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:23pm
Most attainable plane (no license needed either):  http://www.beliteaircraft.com/ultralight-aircrafts/Superlite.php

Attainable with a license: American Champion Scout

Unlikely will ever be attainable without a winning lotto ticket: P-51D Mustang

Unlikely will ever be attainable without many winning lotto tickets: F-15C Eagle

Unattainable: SR-71 Blackbird
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic