This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You think she'll notice??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmcapt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You think she'll notice??
    Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:29pm
So I found this D15 series 1 I couldn't pass up... Brand new rubber all around..
And i need some new tires for my I-60.

Guy wanted less then what the tires where worth....
He says to me "it aint no John Deere...but it aint no John Deere price either"...

I nearly fell on the floor laughing...I told my wife i went up north to grab a few tractor parts, forgot to mention there still all together! So i have it hiding at my office until i figure out a way to smuggle it home!

Too Bad the tires are the wrong size...looks like i will have to keep this one all together :)

Runs Great and came with a Allis Snap Coupler 2 bottom plow....

Whats wrong with me? and is their a cure? I have bought three AC's since i got the bug in September..

Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm
The cure would be to sell all your Orange and stay away from this site. Results may vary!!
Start by selling me the 15 and use the money for a down-payment on the right size tires you want. :)

Charlie
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:13pm
There is no cure. It quickly becomes part of your way of life. For example, try driving down the road and seeing an AC and not saying anything.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

The cure would be to sell all your Orange and stay away from this site. Results may vary!!
Start by selling me the 15 and use the money for a down-payment on the right size tires you want. :)

Charlie
Now Charlie that's just plan mean to try buying a tractor from him when he's got
"the Orange" lmao But if you do get it then he will not haft to fess-up about getting it.
So it looks like I need to help him out with the D15 and plow. ;-) ;-)
Besides you got it as bad or maybe worse as most of us. lol
Your buddy Don

Edited by Don(MO) - 23 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:05pm
 Yes , she will notice.  The other day I got the 3rd degree about a tractor out front. Why? I dont know it has been there for two years.
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:10pm
Yes, Get out while you can before you catch the "Orange Fever" even worse. I tell ya what buddy, ol pal, I'll even come haul that nasty old D-15 away for you, just so you don't have risk catching it any worse than you already have it.  LOL
But on a serious note, is that the D-15 that was on Craigslist? I called on it but I was too late and it had already sold.
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:18pm
There's no cure. once you cought Orange fever theres no hope of getting rid of it;) Nice d-15, I wish I could find deals like that around me.( mabey one day:) Good luck.
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by AllisChalmers37 AllisChalmers37 wrote:

There is no cure. It quickly becomes part of your way of life. For example, try driving down the road and seeing an AC and not saying anything.

I know I can't... lol
drmcapt78 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmcapt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:35pm
it is probably the one most likely.. It was up near the bridge.

Here is a picture of my other D15... Another justification...Cant fit all those kids on just one for a picture..lol

Russ SCPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ SCPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:41pm
I had a 175 diesel for a year,  ---------
Travis(NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:17pm
Get out now while you can! Once the " Orange Fever" catches you there is no cure... It's gotten me so bad that I've even got an orange car to go along with the old orange truck and to many orange tractors to list...

drmcapt78 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmcapt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Travis(NE) Travis(NE) wrote:

Get out now while you can! Once the " Orange Fever" catches you there is no cure... It's gotten me so bad that I've even got an orange car to go along with the old orange truck and to many orange tractors to list...

Thats really awesome Travis! Whats that green one? And i thought i needed a bigger barn....
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:26pm
Travis, there's one of them green ones trying to sneak into your picture. It's kinda like the little smart-alec that always holds the bunny ears up behind people in the family pictures. LOL!
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Travis(NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:34pm
Thanks! The last picture is a few years old now and missing a few. The green one is a 1958 720 diesel. I like diesels and that one I just thought I had to have due to the little V4 gas to start the big two cylinder diesel. It's kind of a pain in the butt and I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want one over a D17. I also have a red 560 diesel just so I can say I'm an equal opportunity discriminater when my red and green friends give me crap for all the wonderful orange ones I have.
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:00pm
it only gets worse.  And they get bigger and nicer and more expensive as you go.
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:02pm
drmcapt78...what do you mean whats wrong with you,you sound and act perfectly sne,sober and normal.i keep saying this one is the last one.i have 9 wd-45 tractors,4 diesel and 5 gas.....do believe it is the last one for me...
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:12pm
   Hello DRMCAPT   When it gets ulgy remember that it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!!   LOL
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:32pm
capt...you can (hide) it at my place until.....
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:39pm
You've had it now!  There are side effects and then there is the withdrawal.  I have never seen anyone with withdrawal as yet, but I have the side effects.  One of the worst is stopping along the road to just look at anything Orange.  Almost went in the ditch on Saturday doing that. 
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
drmcapt78 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmcapt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

capt...you can (hide) it at my place until.....

I think i could actually get away with it as long as i dont get both the d15's out at once...
Got busted right away on the last one, because it wasnt yellow.. i know my boys will rat me out...i guess i will just have to fess up...seems the truth always comes out in the end....
Thanks for the support guys..i appreciate the warnings, but i have a feelings i will have a bigger barn before this "orange" thing passes..
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 9:43pm
I'm the bird dog! I find old A-Cs, find the contact info, etc...Tell Dad about them, and he buys them. After the last one, a 1939 RC that Dad is now restoring; Mom read me the riot act telling me if I ever pull this stunt again, I can't play with my Dad anymore!! Also a word to the wise. There is an advantage to collecting exclusively one color, just never park them all together where they can be counted!! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:10pm
You're playing this all wrong.  You need to tell the wife that your friend bought it and that "his" wife can't find out about it just yet, so you're keeping it at "your" place.    After a month, casually bring it up, I wonder when so and so is finally gonna come get his tractor, and then a month later, oh his wife won't let him bring home another one, and then a month later, tell the wife he made you a deal you couldn't refuse.    This will slowly ease the pain.    Don't worry, after a couple more, she will be so used to it, that she will just shrug her shoulders and not say a thing.   My wife knows that if I leave for more then an hour and a trailer is behind me, something's coming home!!  
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic