This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You could of heard a pin drop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You could of heard a pin drop
    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:33am
I had To go last week and look at my next job with the boss. This guy is a rich hippie from Iowa. They bought this house and want major changes. They’ve already had 3 contractors start and quit on this job. I told the boss get one of the other crews to do it. He said the home owner will only let my crew do the job and he’s been waiting 6 months on my crew. So we’re looking the job over when I remind the boss that we haven’t had our honeymoon yet. He said well maybe something will work out. I said oh it will. Homeowner asked what I mean? I said we have reservations in February and I would be keeping them. The bosses look was priceless.
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:26am
😄😄😄😄
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:17am
good for you! what does that guy want done?
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

good for you! what does that guy want done?

It has a big covered porch they want closed in and another porch added to that with a hip roof. Then they want to add a bathroom and fireplace where the existing porch is. Then they have a bunch of inside remodeling. It will be some good ole inside work for the winter.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:57am
 Well Thad,,,sometimes a man just got to put his foot down for good reason,,,cause if you hadn't,,hewould prilly have youworkin thru the next opportunity,,,, You are obviously money in his pocket and will keep you workin as much as he can. 
 Congratulations are in order to you for being the person you are,,,,,ClapClap
 UMMmmmmmmm,,where are Ya'll plannin the big shindig,,??? OH,,and I won;t tell ole Shameless,,,,,,Wink

Edited by desertjoe - 26 Oct 2018 at 8:57am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well Thad,,,sometimes a man just got to put his foot down for good reason,,,cause if you hadn't,,hewould prilly have youworkin thru the next opportunity,,,, You are obviously money in his pocket and will keep you workin as much as he can. 
 Congratulations are in order to you for being the person you are,,,,,ClapClap
 UMMmmmmmmm,,where are Ya'll plannin the big shindig,,??? OH,,and I won;t tell ole Shameless,,,,,,Wink

There’s a funny story to go with that Joe. I came home one night and she threw 3 pair of shorts at me. I ain’t talking under drawers either. I said what’s that. She told me she got them for me to wear in Hawaii. I told her people would laugh at her running around with a Hillbilly in wore out cowboy boots and shorts. She tried to tell me I’d be wearing shoes too. Just like with the boss I’m gonna put my foot down and it WILL have on a wore out boot when I do.😁
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:36am
Sure Doug, with the boss of all bosses.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 1:20pm
Comeon put your sneaker on and enjoy Hawaii it's 70 degrees down there and really nice just make sure you take the helicopter ride over the island it's beautiful down there I have only been on 2 of the island but the pictures of the others are nice too.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm
   LOL   Yep,,Thad,,,but,,,"when you in Rome,,,you do as the Romans do",,,,SOOoo,,,if you start wearin them shorts and shoes now,,,,long bout February,,you'll be so used to em you'll wonder why you never started wearin them,,,PLUS your Honey is gonna Love you to the moon and back,,,,,ClapClap OH,,,and you prolly should leave your MAGA cap at home,,,,,,LOLLOL,,,and,,if you ain't got one,,you can borry one of mine,,,,,LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 5:43pm

LOL   Yep,,Thad,,,but,,,"when you in Rome,,,you do as the Romans do",,,,SOOoo,,,if you start wearin them shorts and shoes now,,,,long bout February,,you'll be so used to em you'll wonder why you never started wearin them,,,PLUS your Honey is gonna Love you to the moon and back,,,,,ClapClap OH,,,and you prolly should leave your MAGA cap at home,,,,,,LOLLOL,,,and,,if you ain't got one,,you can borry one of mine,,,,,LOLLOL

If y’all see me in shorts n shoes get ready to start fightin over all my stuff cause I done kicked the bucket.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Comeon put your sneaker on and enjoy Hawaii it's 70 degrees down there and really nice just make sure you take the helicopter ride over the island it's beautiful down there I have only been on 2 of the island but the pictures of the others are nice too.

I’d love to do that helicopter ride but I might get motion sick?? I don’t do well on small planes. I’m sure it will be enjoyable even if I wear jeans and boots.
I have to be real careful cause by looks I could get mistook for a hippie.😁
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:21pm
 Well,,,Thad,,not to worry bout all the dudes on here,,,I remember your weddin picture and ,,,,and,,,I'm still talkin to you,,,,,,WinkWinkLOLClap
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:23pm
You'll need to get one of them Banana Hamocks for when you go to the beach, and ya gotta wear your boots with that too. 

A thong one might be in order!!!

There'll probably be lotsa young ladies walkin around the beach with bare butts in Feb too!

If you have seen the movie Jurassic Park, there is a helicopter ride to where they landed in that movie, with the waterfalls in the background.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:01am
yep….I want pics of ole Thad ina thong and wearing boots! don't fergits the bent up cowboy hat!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:31am

Rome, Sandiago or Busch Arkansas I wear jeans n boots. This ole bird don’t take to change.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 1:49pm
Maybe this would help convince the Boss on the cowboy boots and shorts theme.

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:33pm
Well you won't get any of them girlies to look at you with boots an a cowboy hat wearin a swim suit.....then again, maybe you will!! LOL
Sometimes you gotta give in a little, if you want to git a little.......Wink

ATTA BOY!!  You FINALLY stood up and said ENOUGH!!  You're (almost EX) boss is gonna maybe start askin you if'n you can work extra now.  Just hint at him about this really irritated little gal that wants you home more....an I bet he'll back off in a hurry!!

Just watched WI git their behinds handed to em from Northwestern.... our second string QB SUCKS!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Well you won't get any of them girlies to look at you with boots an a
cowboy hat wearin a swim suit.....then again, maybe you will!! LOL
Sometimes you gotta give in a little, if you want to git a little.......Wink

ATTA BOY!!  You FINALLY stood up and said ENOUGH!!  You're (almost EX) boss is gonna maybe start askin you if'n you can work extra now.  Just hint at him about this really irritated little gal that wants you home more....an I bet he'll back off in a hurry!!

Just watched WI git their behinds handed to em from Northwestern.... our second string QB SUCKS!!

I saw the high lights while I watched the end of the Hogs taking another ass whoppin . I don’t know if this guy can turn this mess around or not.
She may have to give a little on the shorts and shoes. I don’t own any shoes.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 6:15pm
I typed " cowboy thong" into Google to get you a picture...... but all I got was the Dallas Cheerleaders lineup !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:31pm
Had a contract worker when I first started at the nuke, did not like the 'Modesty Garments' furnished when we worked the radiologic areas and had to wear Protective Clothing, Would come out of the can, strip off the work duds, 'Tex' would saunter down the aisles and corridors with Big Jim and the Twins a swinging in the breeze, a Cowboy style Hard Hat, cheap safety glasses and Cowboy style work boots ONLY, got back to the locker area would suit back up in Civies and then leave the building!!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:10pm
 THAD,,,,!!!  I have it,,,yep,,,a compromise,,,,,(of sorts)Clap
 Tell your Honey that you might consider some galoshes instead of them boots,,,cause,,,,cause it be hard to walk in thet warm sand,,,and I;m gonna tell you,,,,,that dang sand will get in everywhere and you be tryin to walk in them boots and them be half full of sand,,,ouch!!, ouch!!,,,"Hold up let me shake my boots out again"
 More better some galoshes and,,,and,,,the natives be thinkin you is pretty "hip" ,,,,but,,,but,,,you might wanna check out them toenails first and take you a small grinder,,,,,LOLLOL

I'm outa here,,,,,,,LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 29 Oct 2018 at 9:12pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:46pm
Steve, we could have Ol' Shameless demonstrate with his pinkies ... high heels instead of high heeld cowboy boots...
 Hey shamers, ye forgot your cowboy hat...!

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:31am

THAD,,,,!!!  I have it,,,yep,,,a compromise,,,,,(of sorts)Clap
 Tell your Honey that you might consider some galoshes instead of them boots,,,cause,,,,cause it be hard to walk in thet warm sand,,,and I;m gonna tell you,,,,,that dang sand will get in everywhere and you be tryin to walk in them boots and them be half full of sand,,,ouch!!, ouch!!,,,"Hold up let me shake my boots out again"
 More better some galoshes and,,,and,,,the natives be thinkin you is pretty "hip" ,,,,but,,,but,,,you might wanna check out them toenails first and take you a small grinder,,,,,LOLLOL

I'm outa here,,,,,,,LOLLOL

Joe I appreciate your concern, I really do but if the sand gets that deep I’m willing to reach down and pull my pant leg down over the top of my boots so no sand can get in. That’s the kind of compromise I’m willing to do.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:22am
LOLLOL,,,,LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:16am
3 months to go, a lot can change in that time. Cool
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

3 months to go, a lot can change in that time. Cool

Yes sir a lot can change but I ain’t a fixin to do no changing.😂
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Me and the wife did the helicopter ride while in Hawaii and I got to sit up front next to the pilot. He would hover just a few feet from the waterfalls and cliff face. I thought it was great. The wife not so much. She was sandwiched between two fatties in the back seat so between the lack of cool air between the two robust folks she was between and the motion, it was all she could do to not toss her cookies. That was in 1985 and she won't go near one even today.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 4:23pm
Just cut the legs off an ole pair of overalls Thad.  Then you'll look good in 'shorts' and they'll look right nice with a pair of boots!  Be sure to pack along some sunglasses cause those legs are going to be glaring white for about an hour or so.....
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Just cut the legs off an ole pair of overalls Thad.  Then you'll look good in 'shorts' and they'll look right nice with a pair of boots!  Be sure to pack along some sunglasses cause those legs are going to be glaring white for about an hour or so.....

And after an hour they’ll be Razorback red.not Lol
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 4:57pm
I can see it now, Red White and Blue. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic