This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ya'll watch out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ya'll watch out!
    Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 12:57am
watch out on your dealer lots....especially those along the missouri river from yankton SD south....past missouri....with all the flooding that occurred, not everyone was able to get their equipment out before the water came! there are tractors (old and new) and combines showing up at sales and on dealer lots that are flood victims! some sure have been polished up pretty! i know of 2 new tractors that didn't make it out and are now on a dealers lot near here! thank goodness they are both JD brand! that also goes for ATV's/UTV's/lawn mowers/anything with a motor on it! my neighbor just bought a high end 54'' cut tractor/mower for $100. it's only about a year old. owner said the hydro trans was out of it! he dinked with it, ended up dismantling the whole thing...the rear end/transmission was completely full of mud/sand and water! the previous owner that sold it to him said the motor also had issues...yep... he started it up and the motor was full too, ruining it. my neighbor had another motor so it worked out for him! i hope the mention of this will help keep any of my friends on here from getting took! 
Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 4:17am
Hey Shameless same issues going on here...mostly with cars. We had major flooding after Irene and then a week later another half a foot. I was looking at an almost new Camry XLE until the guy told me it was underwater 'only for a little while" lol!! I ran like the wind!
Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 4:37am
Ive been looking to update my ride but.. plan to wait a bit longer.
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic