This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT Tractor pulling pictures from 1971

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT Tractor pulling pictures from 1971
    Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 11:38am
Here's some pictures I ran across last week of tractor pulls from Wausa, Nebraska in 1971 or 1972.  The tractor in all the photo's is my Dad's 1967 One-Ninety XT which was purchased new from Hansen Imp. in Coleridge, Ne. and the first tractor Dad ever owned.
The tractor pulls from these days were farmer vs. farmer, you pulled what you farmed with, not some tractor that you built from scratch and from the stories that I've heard from serveral people they were quite an event for those days drawing some pretty large crowds.

These two pictures look to be from the lighter weight class, no wheel weights on the wheels.

Loaded down with weight and ready to go for the heavier class.

My Uncle David and cousins and John Gubbels taking in the pull from the sidelines.  (Notice the A-C hat on John)

Dad with his trophy.

Photo and write up from the local paper.

Just wanted to share.  Thanks.
Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
Sponsored Links

AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 11:41am
Thats really COOL       Andy
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 11:48am
Nice pics!
I remember the old sleds that you have guys stepping on as it when by.
Yes that was a big deal then the tractor pulls where put on.
Thanks for the memories. Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

HansNE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HansNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 11:50am
I remember going to those pulls in Wausa and was probably at the one in your pictures.  If I remember right, didn't the guys standing along the track step onto the sled to add weight as the sled moved down the track?  Always was a lot of fun.
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 11:57am
Yes that's what the people in the are doing in some of the pictures stepping on the sled at each marker to add wieght.  A pretty crude way to do it that would cause alot of agrugments these days with the money involed and all most likely.
Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic