This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: B/C hydraulic cylinder/ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: B/C hydraulic cylinder/ram
    Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 10:04am
Looking to buy a good used or rebuilt hydraulic ram for a Model B.  I think that mine is beyond repair.  Mine is extremely pitted as it was left extended for almost two decades.  I do not know if these are available from site vendors, so if you have any leads, please let me know.

If you have one to sell please PM, post or email me a price with estimated shipping to TN.  Thanks! Ryan 
Sponsored Links

orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 1:16pm
Ryan TN....Find one yet?   Thanks....Dale
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 1:37pm
Don't throw the cylinder away. I got an old one from Norm for the Build a B and made a new rod for it. With a new rod and new chevron packings it will work like new. Charlie
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
countryguy828 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryguy828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 4:05pm
Seems like someone on this site was making stainless replacement rods to sell a while back. I have two cylinders I won't be useing but I doubt they are any better than yours. I got a 3pt aftermarket kit and I am useing the cylinder that came with it.
archangel_cpj View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 6:31pm

Is it possible to take a bit off the old rod and use a bigger seal????

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 6:31pm
The shop I worked in always had chromed rod of various sizes on the shelf. I have made rods for several different Allis cylinders and never thought about keeping a sketch for later use. I just pulled the old rod out and copy it. It seemed to me the price of the chromed rod was high. Add in the labor and the a few bucks for the new packing and you could have $50+ into it before any assembly time.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by archangel_cpj archangel_cpj wrote:

Is it possible to take a bit off the old rod and use a bigger seal????

No, I don't believe it would work. If the rod is chrome,it is a very thin layer.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 7:17pm
i buy VEE packing from these guys. Cost about $5. a set + shipping. I buy 2-3 at a time to save shipping. You can wire brush a cylinder rod that has some rust and missing chrome and get by, but if its heavily pitted, i would get another rod, or make stainless.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 8:05pm
  we have some replacement rods   1-800-254-3116
David Gantt N.C. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gantt N.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 8:17pm
Check with sandy lake, parts section top right of page, they keep parts for them.
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 10:50pm
I have a C ram 785-353-2392
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic