This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB; 15 amp stator for 616

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB; 15 amp stator for 616
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:03pm
I want to buy a15 amp stator for the AC 616 with Onan. Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 6:16am
If you can't find one, repair yours. It ain't that hard to rewire, BTDT.
Providing the 'mechanical' frame is OK the steps are
1) take pictures of it
2) buy enamled wire ,same size
3) remove old wire
4) add new wire

You remove ONE old coil and measure it's length,then X number of coils +1 or 2 (for intercoil wire and leads) to get amount needed. After each adding coil,take a small break to relax your hands else they'll cramp up ! Mount spool of new wire on stick in vice about 3' from you so it comes off nice. Once all setup it takes maybe 1/2hr to make it.

Knowing the obscene prices some small engine parts are, I bet the stator's a $100 item ??

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:20am
Jay, I might try that. Thanks Tracy
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:21am
Last B&S engine I tore apart the stator was FRIED...melted the plastic pieces ,all the cooper was, well,melted..,steel laminations GONE !..sigh... Never seen one this bad in 30 years, yuck...
The regulator internally shorted and it took the stator with it.
Now I'm thinking a 'smart' guy would make an 'adapter' to go between the stator outputs and the regulator with a couple of 15 Amp fuses in series to protect the stator.Might cost $20 for connectors and auto style  fuse holders but save a $100( or more) stator.

more to think about...

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:57am
try to find   onan parts through  a marine dealer, i needed a stator for the simp equvalent with the onan engine, a marine dealer  easiy found  one.  he said tons  of these engines went it into marine  generators  as well as refer units for semi's.  my local onan dealer said the stator was discontinued.  
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:24pm
Thanks, I will try that. Tracy
rustydollar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:03am
I may have the stator your looking for to be sure can you post a picture of yours, also need the measurement of the diameter - Onan used two different stators - thanks

New AC member from Manitoba

Edited by rustydollar - 07 Aug 2017 at 11:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic