This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing
    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:48am
So I've noticed my penmanship was struggling a bit. So this year I made a resolution to do some writing every night. You might call it a diary. I wouldn't look at it as that.

I try and include my highlights for the day, something that's going on in the news, and now this time of year a thought on my crops.

Do any of you guys do something similar? If so how long have you been doing it for?
Sponsored Links

Robert Musgrave View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Musgrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:26am
Yes--along the same lines--have been keeping a Diary on and off since 1967.  Also have Gramp's farm Diaries starting @1923.  A trove of life almost 100 years ago.  Even big dates like Dec. 7, 1941, V-E day and V-J day, only show farm work.  Mixed in are Dad's Farm diaries starting after WWII and up to @ 1970's.  R. Musgrave
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:32am
My maternal Grandmother started a very short diary in the early 50's . Think it was written on calendars ? After she passed my Mother and Sister made a book out of it . I've read mine several times . Probably why I started a journal a few years back . Maybe when I'm gone somebody will enjoy reading them ? THANKS !! 
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:41am
I have started relearning writing in cursive again. After taking notes in college and then 36 years of printing to fill out aircraft maintenance forms my handwriting has gone to crap. Now I am trying to do a daily hand written journal in cursive.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 5:19pm
Kinda sad I guess . One of my grands said he couldn't read a birthday card because it was cursive .
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 6:03pm
Speaking of writing, cursive is no longer taught in schools here. Danielle tries to include some in her classes but it's no longer required learning. I'm surprised they don't require kids to learn texting acronyms and how to use social media
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 6:52pm
The kids are going to teach the Grand Daughter how to write cursive.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 6:57pm
When I have something to say to family and want it more personal I hand write letters.  Thank You's, Congratulations, Sympathy's, even just general contact and explaining the goings on around here they do not get to see.  ALL in Cursive, several cousins fire back with long hand cursive letters as well.

At the last full time job we had to print everything LEGIBLY then Hand Sign when tasks completed. 
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:12pm
Bob-  try an experiment-

For a week, make your handwritten entries with your left eye covered.
The following week, do it with your right eye covered.

After that, look at your handwriting and report the results.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
bobkyllo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:21am
Cursive? Heck we rent going to get that fancy. Right now my gosl is to print with the correct letter case. My biggest problem is I drift from upper case to lower case all in the same sentence. I also don't use commas, colens, etc like I should.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:52pm
You'd think they'd equip modern pens with spell-check, but they don't.  Damn techno-freaks...Angry
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 5:00am
I will admit, I basically have zero penmanship left. With the exception of my signature that’s all I can do, and that is with my middle initial. Last year there was some legal documents I was required to sign using my full legal name written out, and sadly when I got to writing out my middle name, I had to stop and think how each letter connected.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic