This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worth??? I 600 forklift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worth??? I 600 forklift
    Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:38pm
I'm thinking about selling my I 600 forklift.  Mask lifts 21 ft and should pick up 5000 pounds. I have never had this much weight to pick up yet so I guess it will but have not tried it on that much weight.  Machine works good with the exception of 2nd gear (pops out of 2nd).  The only other problem or maybe a problem, the hydraulic pumps sounds loud to me but maybe that's the way it sounds.  Drive tires are 85 to 90 %.  Steer tires seem alright but seem too wide for the machine as they rub when turning tight. Engine shields are all there and straight.   I'm sure there's more to say but that's all for now.  What's it worth.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:55pm
Value of machinery varies depending on local areas. In general I would say it should be worth at least as much as a loader backhoe of the same vintage and condition. If you can post a picture or two of your forklift that would also be helpful. Your forklift is very useful for specific applications and you need to be patient enough to hang on to it until the right buyer comes along. If you phone a local forklift dealer to ask approx. value you may get some helpful info. I did that once with a Clark forklift and the salesman came right out and arranged a deal I couldn't refuse.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic