This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working on the land with video's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working on the land with video's
    Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 5:07am
Saturday I did field work on the land behind our house with my XT. My dad held for the 2nd time a plowday on the same field and I did some fieldwork with a Rumptstad 13shank chiselplow. The soil was heavy to work, overhere we have clayground. No it was dry'ed up and was very solid.

I've been trying make some video's of it.

I love that 301 when it's under load. What a tractor!!, It won't give up.

[TUBE]OIkDGNJTOGs[/TUBE]

[TUBE]3QagsYHWIWY&feature=related[/TUBE]
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Sponsored Links

Doyle B(NY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyle B(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 5:46am
nice video you sure have her opened right up.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 9:47am
Loved looking at the dirt,and countryside. That could be many places in Northern Indiana, Illinois,and Ohio. I live in the northwest corner of Indiana about 60 miles south of Lake Michigan and twenty miles east of Illinois, and your area looks very much like here. Our dirt is a darker soil, we call it black when wet, and dries to grey. But it certainly looks as if you have excellent fertility in your area. Thanks for giving us a veiw from home. Good luck always. About 25 miles north of me is the Kankakee River basin. That area is black sand mostly and easily farmed. It is reclaimed swamp ground and many Hollanders settled there. They brought the techniques with them to tame the swamps and drain or irrigate it from home. The area was heavy in truckfarming in the 30,40,50,60's providing southern Chicago with food. Wonderful serious,hardworking,Christian people, and good friends. I've had many friends from there and jokingly refer to them as "Woodenshoes". Probably shouldn't say what I'm called!!!!!LOL   Joe Klaus
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 1:11am
Goodmorning Joe,
I've been 3 times in Indiana and Michigan ( Fort-Wayne and Muskegon area) for family visit. And yes it looks like the same as overhere.

The soil here is medium dark when wet en light dark till grey when it's dry like now was. Saturday was a warm day overhere. And the soil was very hard. It also say's a lot on which crop was grown there to determine if the soil will be hard. This year it was flax. Last year it was wheat and it was a lot easier to plow.

Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 2:52am
And a cheerful good morning to you,Johan! I'm directly across the state from Ft. Wayne on Highway 24. That's wonderful that you get here for family! Then you are familiar that for us it's corn-soybeans-corn for the most part. Some wheat and of course enough hay for livestock. Very little oats anymore,practically no rye except occasionally for winter cover or plowdown. And I wouldn't know flax if I saw one.LOL! And yes I am familiar with Muskegon and Holland and their fame for Tulip Capitol.
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 5:32am
Look at this site to see how flax looks like from the seed till harvest.

When the flax is ready to harvest the pull them out with a machine and lay it on rows to dry. Then when it must drying the turn a few times the row so that each side can dry. After drying the rows of flax will be baled in round bales and hauled. Flax is a crop that use much in the car industrie for dashboards for example.

Max(ia) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max(ia) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:00am
Great Videos, Johan.  I also enjoyed the landscape views along with 190 at work.  Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic