This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working Allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working Allis
    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:21pm
Here’s my some pics of my WD working after sitting for seven years. I finally got it running this spring

Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm
Nice. Looks like that rear boom gets quite a work out
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:55pm
nice looking tractor !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:07pm
Good looking Allis!
Purple Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Nice. Looks like that rear boom gets quite a work out

Thanks for the complement. Yes it does think I’m going to paint it AC Orange and decal it up I like it so much. Here’s a couple more pics of it working those log tongs were my Grandpa’s he used in the early 1960s. Thought I would get them out and play with them one day.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 8:03pm
Looks good-but I never tell my wife I'm playing with a tractor. Always doing some work!!!! No she doesn't believe me. Have fun.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by mdm1 mdm1 wrote:

Looks good-but I never tell my wife I'm playing with a tractor. Always doing some work!!!! No she doesn't believe me. Have fun.

When I got my very first Tractor (Farmall) my wife used to say “ You have to get the tractor out for that.”Now she can care less I think she figured it out.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:40am
As good as it looks I would wash and wax and save paint money
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:29pm
I agree with Tom, give it a good wash and wax. That is a nice looking WD. Are those combine rims on the rear?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

I agree with Tom, give it a good wash and wax. That is a nice looking WD. Are those combine rims on the rear?

I don’t know if they are or not. The top of the hood is really bad I’m not going to do a tear down just some rattle can job. Here’s a pic of it after I first got it. I rattled can the whole tractor and the paint has lasted since 2004
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:47pm
great looking tractor! i also have a boom on my 180D, stays on all year, it's a 3 stage one that is hyd. made by AG KRANE. can lift with the 3-pt, or the boom only with hyd cyl and it can extend out too. i also have a grapple for it, works good grabbing a pile of brush or grabbing a big round bale.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:05am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

great looking tractor! i also have a boom on my 180D, stays on all year, it's a 3 stage one that is hyd. made by AG KRANE. can lift with the 3-pt, or the boom only with hyd cyl and it can extend out too. i also have a grapple for it, works good grabbing a pile of brush or grabbing a big round bale.

Sounds like a Beast. I bought mine from TSC years ago it broke not long after I had it it very light weight just recently I had a friend weld it back together and he beefed it up.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:23pm
Worked the Aills today. Raked some old Broom Sedge off my upper field set my Rake as low as I could to Dethatch it. Also move some Implements out of the woods so I get to them easier. To top a Beautiful day my wife made my Favorite Potato Soup and Homemade Pizza. She is a sweetheart.

Edited by Purple Allis - 16 Oct 2021 at 9:24pm
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:03am
That pizza looks really good!! Always good to get some work out of the WD's.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:46am
Good day, good tractor, good cook. You have it made!!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:58am
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

That pizza looks really good!! Always good to get some work out of the WD's.

Yes it was she uses my Mom’s old recipes when she cooks most of the time and gets it right every time.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 8:00am
Originally posted by JayIN JayIN wrote:

Good day, good tractor, good cook. You have it made!!!!

Jay yes it was we all need days like I had yesterday and having “Orange” in your life makes it even better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic