This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worked on Allcrop this weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worked on Allcrop this weekend
    Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 9:33pm
I worked on putting this back togther this weekend
Joe
Sponsored Links

Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 10:10pm
Great photo Joe!! Its not work if your having fun! Post more photos of your work. Ryan
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:25am
In Maryland we liked the baggers not the bins.  I remember putting them together on Pop's parking lot.  Six at a time - a flat carload.  The devil to unload - no wheels or drawbar - and you had to assemble them before they were moved then haul them to wherever.  Real job but you know we didn't know any better.  Thought it was not real work just what you had to do to make a livin.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
se iowa picker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote se iowa picker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:49am
Nice allcrop good luck on it and keep us posted on how its commin.I have never seen one with the bagger in person but always thought it would be neat to own one.
Joe Graunke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:58am
This is a bin-bagger combo which is pretty rare.
Joe
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 11:11am
Rare indeed!! Is there more of a floor that goes in the bagger area ?? It seems small. Didnt know if you removed part of it to work or restore.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:20pm
Joe are you going to have it at the orange spatacular? We tried to bag some rye at our show off the seperator and no one could figure out how to sew the bag shut, finally we just made a neck and wrapted it with binder twine and tied a knot. mabe you could show me at Hutch?
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:09pm
Nice combine. Dads first combine he bought new in 1945 an Allis Allcrop with bagger
attachment and he operated it with a new 1945 WF off the pto.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

Joe are you going to have it at the orange spatacular? We tried to bag some rye at our show off the seperator and no one could figure out how to sew the bag shut, finally we just made a neck and wrapted it with binder twine and tied a knot. mabe you could show me at Hutch?

B26240 -

Where were you at Hutch a couple years back? I was giving lessons on bag tying on Joe's 40, and Lon's engine drive 60. You guys had it so easy out there in the Midwest, with all those bins, but a lot of us out here in the East had to ride back there in the dust bagging and tying that grain day after day.

If there is interest, I might be willing to teach a few more people to tie bags at Hutch this year. We will probably be there Thurs, Fri, and maybe part of Saturday.

Glenn
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:14am
Glen the 60 bagger will be at hutch. You are sure welcome to be the bagger guy
Joe
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:45am
Rode a bagger six weeks one year . Tied with binder twine several years then changed to wire.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:56pm
glenn ill be lookin for you in the demo area, ill be coming in with the caravan on thursday. thanks!
maplehillfarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehillfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 7:13pm
I just picked up a Model 66 Allis combine and I also have a pick-up head.  Can anyone tell me how to mount it?  Are there any manuals showing how it works?

Maple Hill Farm  LLC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:50pm
Once again, is that the complete floor in the bagging area? It just seems kinda open under the seat. Just asking.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:41pm
There a is a wood platform that goes in there yet.
Joe
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:42pm
Thanks Joe!! You have a nice combine there!!
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:05am
Looks like a solid machine. Thumbs Up!
If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:27am
Nice machine Joe. Our club treasurer in Ontario has a similiar bin/bagger allcrop.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:02am
Never knew of that option!   Was it a factory offered option? Wish my 72 had it!!
Teddy (punchie) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy (punchie) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:52am
Nice Unit !! 

I think the knot is a Miller's knot , clove-hitch with a bite ( loup to pull to release knot ) ?? 
Ac D-19, a Number of WD's, One WD45, Two 444 balers, Ac plows and etc.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 11:49am
That was a factory option.I think a pretty rare option to. It was back in mid 40's. I've never seen one until I bought this 60. This one came from MI. It will be in Hutch.
Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic