This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish me luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish me luck
    Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:37pm
Hauling the SFW CA about 100 miles up US 271 to the Paris Texas Show and pull in the morning. I'm on a high after 2 firsts and a second at the Henderson TX show and pull back in April.  I have been able to hook twice in #3500 and once in #4000. At Henderson it was hooked up so good in #4000 that I powered out in second gear.
  The 3.6 MPH speed limit limits my revs to keep from being sent to the Dairy Queen. Thats what we call it when we DQ.
Sponsored Links

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:21am
As my luck would have it, the Paris pull was canceled due to a soft as puddin muddy track from 4+ inches of rain during the week.  Reschuled for later in June. No date set yet
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 9:23pm
Making another 100 mile trip west on US Hwy 80 to The North Texas Antique Tractor Show and Pull on Saturday. One of those area shows where there are no hook fees. May pull the CA against some tractors I hadn't pulled against before.
May camp out overnight and pull again on Sunday morning.
    I'm right in the middle of harvesting summer squash.  If I cut whats ready  late Friday evening I can deliver them to the produce market on the way out of town Saturday. They will then need pickin again Saturday evening or at the latest very early Sunday Morning. If my understanding wife can cover the squash pickin so I can go pullin for two days WE should have a nice load of #1 squash, with Mondays early pick, for Mondays markets. I may have to miss Sundays pull alltogether. Or. This may be the second weekend the squash got to big. The Hwy 80 Rescue mission may be gettin  tired of cookin  bushels of my footlong zuchinni and yellow squash .  Got a sweet corn patch ready to pop this weekend too.
   Tractor pullin season and produce harvest season at the same time is the pits.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:16pm
you could always hook the C to the wagon and haul the produce to town
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 5:35am
Haven't seen a CA pull in 4000 before, where are you putting all the weights?
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 7:31am
Results for the Terrell Pull
    2 seconds in 3500 Farm Stock and 3500 Weighted Class. The Williams Super C and I are a pretty close match in this class. Managed a first in 4000 weighted class against some pretty tough competition. Was in a runoff to break a tie with a IH F20. Got him by 4 feet in the second go around.  Chose a new line very close to out of bounds on the right. Good thing the flagger was a skinny feller.
    CA has water in the 13-6 24 tires on 11" Jap rims on A Farmall / D10 steel wheels with Farmall weights painted PO#1. With a pair of engine side weights and my 200 lb self and 2 gallons of fuel I weigh right at 3500
   The 5 #100 suitcases  hang on a 3x3 angle between the bull gears behind the center line of the rear axles.  Got to pull in first gear. Ain't got quite enough motor (stock) to pull in second if the traction is good. Traction was very good on the north central Texas  dark grey gumbo.
   Glad I left home early enough to buy and have mounted a trailer tire that blew to pieces at 75 on west bound I20. No spare and was close enough to a exit to limp in to a tire shop that had a new 205 14. 
    Thought about staying over for todays pull but by the look of the Sunday morning dopler for Dallas, I aint missing anything. 
     Trip odometer read 209 when I got home
SF Fan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 8:53am
Are you bringing mlpankey with you???
XXXOOO'sHeart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic