This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring Schematic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring Schematic
    Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:04pm
I've got problems with the lights on my 2004 Chevy Silverado.  The running lights on the right side don't work.  Can anyone tell me where the wires go?  I've tested and there is no juice coming in.  There are just too many wires to figure where it's coming from.  I need a schematic so I can follow the colored wire to see where it's not making contact.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:09pm
I Googled it and from what I read, the headlight parking light and side marker lights are all connected together.  I''m guessing the rear are as well.  The plug should have a brown wire and White wire, brown is 12v, white is ground.  It was also mentioned that there may be as many as 4 fuses for the lights and a relay.  You can switch the starter relay with the lights relay to check that out according to what I read.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 4:10am
Get something older with fewer wires😸 while at the Dodge meseum a few yeas back they had a wiring harness for a current model year car in a very large glass case and one from a 49 model of a compareable car that was coiled up to be smaller than a lasso. I alway feed 12 volts back into the wire that is not getting power and follow the wire backwards to plugs to see what I’m getting. Connections and switches are generally the culprits.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 5:49am
Obvious place to start is the owner's manual in the glove box. It 'should' have a list of fuses and what they power. I suspect either a blown fuse or a corroded connector. Google should be able to locate a schematic though it might take a few tries..
Worst case is the 'BCM' Body Control Module aka 2nd computer has puked the FET that powers those lights.
hmm.. you have confirmed the bulbs are good ? NOt just looking but with 12V on the bench ?? Had a trailer light(1157) looked fine,really...but no worky on the bench !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 1:16am
Yes, I have checked and switched bulbs and relays.  It definitely is something to do with the wiring.  And of course they give you all kinds of room to work on all this stuff.

On another note, I was going to add another horn to it.  It's only got that one anemic GM horn, so lets put a GOOD one in it.  Well, I can actually SEE the horn, but there is NO WAY of getting near it unless you dismantle the front end.....  GIVE me BACK my 67 Chev truck!!  Heck, you could stand in the engine compartment and work on about anything.  And it probably only had about 10 fuses....
"Allis-Express"
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 1:36pm
Modern technology just remember how easy is was before, course you could work on it then an didn't need to take it and get ripped off
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 12:19am
check the ground...they about all do it
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:08am
hmm.. which 'running ' lights ? the front ones, the rear ones ? or all of them ??
 I found one schematic and it shows a separate fuse for JUST the right rear 'parking' lights and right license plate  light. Shamless bring sup the ground which remivded me all lights are in PLASTIC, so there HAS to be a ground wire...
If you checked the 'no power' at the socket did you use the frame as the ground ? If yes, then it's a 'feed' issue..busted live wire or blown fuse. If no, then busted ground wire.

These long distance reapairs are a lot harder as all the normal stuff I'd do, well, I'm not there to do....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:26am
Is also the Christmas light issue with so many parking lights where they have to have continuity from a Running light as a Tail or front T/S lamp to make ground.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 12:03am
OK, according to all the fuses etc. everything is A OK.  So now,,,,,,down to the sockets.  I have continuity between the socket exterior and the ground.  So that is good.  So, that leaves me with the wiring itself.  As there are at least 10 wires going through the sheaf and you can't tell which direction they are going, how do I find the culprit wire?  There must be a schematic out there somewhere?  Life used to be SO easy.... then we got all these engin-ears involved and now you can't do anything the old way....
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic