This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter forcast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter forcast
    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:32pm
I was just looking at the winter forecast for this part of the country. Has someone plugged up that young fellers, shameless's, old machine? Weather forecast says above normal temps and below normal snowfall. Wonder if I even need to put the snow blade on the pickup? Guess I better, that young feller might just toss some ol cold stuff this way. I detest winter so much, If'n I could find his ol mochine, I'd be tempted to paint it Green!
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:39pm
Ya know, funny you should mention that, I just commented to my bride today that I didn't see the massive birds swarming and heading south as in years past
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:30pm

Thats so true,,Lou,,,up around the Alien Town,,the game dept has several farms that they plant for winter feed mainly for the Canadians and the "long neckers" cranes. There are usually many thousands there by now and I love to hear their calling as they fly back and forth,,,I ain't heard or saw any ,,yet,,,??
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 2:18am
TOM....paint it (gasp) weed color? guess he wants on my list too...
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:55am
Last I looked, around here the muskrat mounds aren't very big. That's a pretty good indicator. Nature usually knows what is going to happen for weather. If they are tall, means lot of snow. If they are large in diameter, means cold winter.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:49am
2 things...
1 local Canada geese do NOT fly south ! Been bred outta them, easier to be fed HERE than fly 'south'...
2 friend bought his Ontario snowmobile trail pass, that should gauarenntee NO SNOW as it workd last year...hehehehe

pizzin rain here now...next doors flooded but then I don't own next door,hehehe
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:22am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

TOM....paint it (gasp) weed color? guess he wants on my list too...

Are,,,,are you,,,,still takin names,,,,??Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:00am
Global Warming !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:54pm
Shameless, I think weeds are just something that was put on earth and man has not yet figured out what to do with them. Someday somebody is gonna figure out a reason they is here and make billions of dollars. Wont be me, I have enough problems just figuring out how to use a tubing bender. But thats another story. Oh ya, JD green is a 4 letter word here. And the old gal bitches every time I use them words. As Gabby Hays used to say "Dag nab it anyway". "Them dang persniticty wimen"!!!!!!!   I think we have arranged to go to Hutch this year, at least its down on the calendar. Depends on her heart. I guess we is going on something called the keto diet. I'll probably starve to death. But as much as she has me delivering products all around the SW part of the state,I can surly find a HO-Ho or a Twinkie somewheres. Somebody told me to invest in a real good battery powered grease gun and take it with me. Don't think I will, I figured the guys owning that orange equipment could buy their own grease. But I might paint her golf cart some shade of Orange. Might find some Camaro Orange from the late 1960's.   

Edited by HD6GTOM - 15 Nov 2020 at 1:20pm
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:05pm
When I was just a kid on the farm back in the 40s and 50s,  in the fall we would see huge flocks of crows gathering flying fron woods to woods.  Haven`t seen that in decades.

Edited by weiner - 15 Nov 2020 at 1:06pm
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic