This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10
    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 9:52am
Very different. Seems to be better. Getting used to the navigation.
My work laptop the hard drive ate it Friday. Windows 7 was on it, 10 years old.
Canning beans right now trying to get a handle on this new contraption.

Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
We still have two desktops running Windows 7. Could have upgraded them to 10 but figured it would just slow them down. When they die we will go to 10 but not before. I do believe you can change 10 to make it look and act like Windows 7.........but don't hold me to it.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 6:02am
Had a power surge take our PC down a few years back, upgraded to 10 where was a learning curve but OK.  I will not trust iCloud for any kind of storage , I do not use MS Anti Virus programs instead use Norton.  I have a couple friends will not go to a Windows program are beginning to reconsider as LINUX they have had finally been hacked and cannot fix it at all on their systems when do get infected.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 6:28am
this PC is still W7Ultimate with zero updates in years... have a 'combo' PC , W7 and W10 only used to file taxes . great SCAM..to use new programs, need new OS, to use new OS, need new computer.....just to keep YOUR money in THEIR pockets...

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 8:26am
     Have an old printer that worked fine with Windows 7, computer died so new computer with Windows 10. Get along sort of OK with W10 but the "experts" say there is no way that the old printer will "talk" to the new computer with W10. Solution is new printer. Really upsets me to junk a perfectly good printer because the W10 isn't smart enough to work with the old printer.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by ac hunter ac hunter wrote:

Have an old printer that worked fine with Windows 7, computer died so new computer with Windows 10. Get along sort of OK with W10 but the "experts" say there is no way that the old printer will "talk" to the new computer with W10. Solution is new printer. Really upsets me to junk a perfectly good printer because the W10 isn't smart enough to work with the old printer.

Same here with a laser printer.  I still use 7 on my laptop, desk unit and work are 10, I am able to get what I need.  some of the things they said 10 fixed I'm not sure needed fixing.  I do like being able to print a document wireless from my office without buying another printer or getting up to hook up a cable.   Got into a discussion with phone internet IT guy while waiting on router to reset, we agreed, anything is better than Vista.
Maximum use of available resources!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic