This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who makes the utv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who makes the utv
    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 12:56am
that wally world sells? has "real tree" emblems on it. saw one in our local store for about $5000. didn't get a chance to really look it over very good. i don't find it listed on real tree's web site.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:56am
chinese ??

never understood why anyone spends large on a UTV when you can use a CJ-5....
just curious.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:01am
CJ5 Jeeps are hard to find and wore out. Mahindra built the Roxor but got sued by Fiat/ Chrysler because their product looked like a CJ5. I like my Kubota RTV. Expensive but has a dump bed and can go into the woods and drive around or over most anything!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:26am
250 cc is a little small , unless your 125 pounds soaking wet...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:45am

Yeah, Shameless,,,10-4 what ole Steve says,,,,249 Ccs IS too small even if you do not plan to do any hill climbing or pulling something,,,,,BUT,,,I can gaurantee you that IF the opportunity presents itself,,,,You WILL try it and find out pretty quick that 249 Ccs ain't quite enough. Those prolly do come in say 500 size for just a few dollars more. That enclosed cab looks good to me,,,Wink
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 10:37am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

chinese ??

never understood why anyone spends large on a UTV when you can use a CJ-5....
just curious.

Have had both on the ranch UTV just gets into more places. Also much easier to get in and out of.  The UTV will sneak across mud that a jeep will bog down in. Kind of the same but not really. I do think they are way over priced, but you have one it gets hard to do without it.   
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:21am
I do not want to think about doing with out our Polaris Ranger it does every thing we have asked of it. We use it every day not bad on fuel. we have a cab but no heat goes down the road a lot faster than I want to go their not cheap but I would buy an other one in a heart beat. Randy
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 12:05pm
I climbed in a Roxor not long ago . Kinda hard for an old fat boy like me to get in . I'd like something I can slide in like a golf cart . Plan to check out those Kawasaki mules soon . Thanks !!
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
the D17 makes a pretty good UTV.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:11pm
YEA... but will it haul 6 people and their hunting gear ? Wink

Edited by steve(ill) - 17 Nov 2020 at 6:19pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:05pm
it did have a winch in the front, dunno how big it was, the thing itself has tiny swing opening lower doors, they would be the first things to disappear! the box looked like it would hold a lunch box and/or maybe a case of drinkable stuff. didn't look like anything i'd pay $5000. for!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 6:19am
you're supposed to have the winch out back !!! That way you don't winch yourself further into the endless muck and mire......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 6:45am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

YEA... but will it haul 6 people and their hunting gear ? Wink

I don't know but if it doesn't have a mirror and door to lay you gun over while your setting in a heated cab it wouldn't work out here for hunting. Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:19am
I can see Shammers LOOKING GOOD in this ! Wink

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:47am

you're supposed to have the winch out back !!! That way you don't winch yourself further into the endless muck and mire......

Bah....by the time you get stuck, you're almost all the way through it!

I've had a Polaris Sportsman for a bit over 20 years, I have gotten it stuck ONCE and that was this summer not too long after that 200 year rain we had. The only reason it got stuck was because it sat still for a while and it sunk in and couldn't get moving.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
I rented a Kubota 4x4 diesel a year or so ago. Mom hadn't been around the farm for 30-40 years. Dam near got the dam thing stuck. Tires on it were not farm tires, more for a golf course. And it was the loudest darn thing I ever operated. And I've run dozers, army tanks, fast cars with no exhaust. But that was a long time ago. Loudest thing around here now is the old gal.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I've had a Polaris Sportsman for a bit over 20 years, I have gotten it stuck ONCE and that was this summer not too long after that 200 year rain we had. The only reason it got stuck was because it sat still for a while and it sunk in and couldn't get moving.

That reminds me, years ago used to go to OK every year when they kicked off the PBR at the Lazy E Arena and had a bunch of good guys there that always welcomed you and threw a big party at a local bar.  We stopped at their farm one year and they had pickups sitting all over with motors, trannys, rear ends tore out for repair.  Never thought to much about it (you know Okies Wink) then someone asked why they didn't have a 4x4, his response was you can go anywhere in a 2wd as you can in a 4x4 you just have to rap them a little bit. Yep they were raped.  LOLLOL

Same year we were all eating at the bar and they had made more food then you could ever think of.  Best damn ribs you ever ate but they were about a foot long each.  Same guy said these are some good ribs but damn they're long, was it a old cow?  OK said you remember Jack?  Guy said you mean that crippled horse?  OK said your eating him. LOLLOL
Loved those guys they were one of a kind.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:55am
Tried to get in a side by side at Tractor Supply this morn . Guess nobody makes anything my size ? Oh well , probably not worth $6,000 anyway . Thanks !!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:22am
same with the menards utv they sell.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 4:09pm
I too have a Kubota, it's an 850 sidekick gas engine.  expensive but been trouble free for almost 2000 miles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic