This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who is going to Denton NC this weekend?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyL(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is going to Denton NC this weekend?
    Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:28pm
I haven't been able to make this show since my son was born seven years ago but it looks like we are going to shut down at work Saturday and I am trying to line the trip up. I assume it is still as big a show as it used to be, if not someone please let me know.
I was also wondering if any of you guys(and gals) would have anything on display so that we could look for it. And possibly meet anybody else that is just there to look. 
We aren't going to bring anything to display but I might make up a stupid looking sign to wear on my back that mentions this forum so that we could easily be recognized by other members.
Billy
Sponsored Links

millertire View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millertire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:31pm
Our tire truck is at Denton, stop & see if my guy is woking.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:42pm
Not planning on going this year, but it was rather large last year.   I had a brochure which listed some of the entertainment and exhibits.   I really enjoyed the demonstrations of the Oil Pull tractor with a platform plow and the Steam shovel, had the honor of talking with gentleman that ran and help restore the shovel.   I believe the admission this year is $14 for adults.
Joe/NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:41pm
I am going Friday!
JeffHillNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffHillNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:22pm
If I can get my ducks lined up to pickup the #9 loader at sherrills ford in the morning I should be there by 10am.
olivershagnasty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivershagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:43pm
One of the guys I work with called me last night and asked if I wanted to ride up with him and his Dad today. I told him I had to pull my radiator in my truck and take it to get it fix today, Mow the grass at the farm, get my B engine back together,  and on and on - I went to Denton today. Had a good time. Can do all that stuff next week.

Shagnasty
NC
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivershagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:50pm
oh - I wore my "Orange Power of the Past" T-shirt and my orange AC hat I got at Dale's last year

Shagnasty
NC
Bee View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 6:55am
Originally posted by olivershagnasty olivershagnasty wrote:

One of the guys I work with called me last night and asked if I wanted to ride up with him and his Dad today. I told him I had to pull my radiator in my truck and take it to get it fix today, Mow the grass at the farm, get my B engine back together,  and on and on - I went to Denton today. Had a good time. Can do all that stuff next week.

Shagnasty
NC

Dave- you need more time and less projects!!!  Thanks again for the torque tube!
Bob, North Carolina

1949 B
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivershagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:45pm
Hey Bob - just glad you could use the torque tube.

What I could use is more money - Then I wouldn't have to work and that would give me more time.

Then I could hire someone to do some of the jobs and  I could spend more time on my projects -

Olivershagnasty
NC
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 6:35am
WHY $14.oo to get in the show.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivershagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:57am
Fred - The money is to help with the intertainment http://www.vmarkets.com/farmpark/
2 shows or more  every day the show is open. To me it is worth the money

Shagnasty
NC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic