This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

White Letters Or Black sidewalls Out ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Letters Or Black sidewalls Out ??
    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:37pm
Getting new "kickers" for my truck this Tuesday and have the option to have the white letters in or out. Just curious of what you guys do, I know that there's no benefit of tire service one way or another though Wink. Thanks
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:39pm
I would vote for WHITE Sidewalls /STRIPES !!  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
White letters out for me! Do what you like!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:33pm
White letters INSIDE out of sight!!! ---- better yet but tires that are black on both sides! lol!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:51pm
White letters showing
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:10pm
What kind of pickup, what brand of tire?   90% of my customers wanted white out. They paid for them might as well show them. Is the dealership gonna scrub the blue paint off them? If not put them in. We always scrubbed the sidewalls but the Goodyear dealer up the street never did.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:32pm
white inside...or you'll be scrubbing them all the time to keep them white. they'll turn black or grungy in no time from road grunge.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:28pm
White letters out.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 6:41am
Black out. It's not the 70's anymore.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 6:56am
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

What kind of pickup, what brand of tire?   90% of my customers wanted white out. They paid for them might as well show them. Is the dealership gonna scrub the blue paint off them? If not put them in. We always scrubbed the sidewalls but the Goodyear dealer up the street never did.

Ford '05 F250, Cooper/Mastercraft AT LT tires. It's not really hard to "scrub the blue" with an SOS pad Wink !!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:16am
black..
white's too hard to keep clean  !
also
Is the tire mfr PAYING you to advertize ???
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:46am
Black out, always!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 10:58am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Sorry Steve, that's WAY too ghetto for me WinkWink, sadly, the entire truck is "butt ugly" to me TongueTongue
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:59am
Paid for the lettering when bought the tires, ALWAYS Out.
AcFordHawk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcFordHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:08am
Always think it is funny a tire shop doesn't clean the tires off.  Worked at the Goodyear truck center and we always did.  Same thing with tire tags left stuck on and see trucks rolling with the tags going round and round.
IB (restoring), MF GC1705, MF 2705E
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 6:22am
White out. My 2 cents.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:53am
Black out.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:05am
I can't think of the last time I bought tires with a choice.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I can't think of the last time I bought tires with a choice.
The current set of junk that's on my buggy is "black-on-black", but these were inexpensive tires that I'm paying for now (less than 30,000 miles) Cry. Seems like the "name brand" tires of "quality" have both white/black sidewall offerings ??
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:35am
I'm sure you can find it or get it, but 2 of our cars have Michelins on them, black only.

Now I'm curious....going to really have to pay attention driving home next few days. I don't see White anywhere it seems.

Edited by Tbone95 - 13 Oct 2020 at 7:35am
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I'm sure you can find it or get it, but 2 of our cars have Michelins on them, black only.

Now I'm curious....going to really have to pay attention driving home next few days. I don't see White anywhere it seems.

If you're down in the Edwardsburg area, look for a blue Ford F250  with a service body and ladder rack with a 28' orange extension ladder on it with NEW Mastercraft tires WITH the white letters out, honk at me and I'll buy you a cup of coffee at SPICEY'S Tongue. Even at the tire/mechanic shop, I looked at all of the vehicles in the "staging area" and 95% of them had the "blacks" out Smile.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:52am
Thanks for the offer ...Daughter is in Kalamazoo, son is in Fort Wayne. Kind of in the region but you're still a ways out there!
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:44pm
Black tires matter.... sorry, couldn't help myself.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 10:09am
White side walls out,  finder skirts, dual exhaust with cherry bombs.  I miss them and squealing tires every once and a while.    Oh the good ol` days growing up in the 50s 
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic