This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Did My Blue Go ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Did My Blue Go ??
    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:50pm
I just went to raise the hood on the "lumber truck" to add more oil and noticed that all of the "blue" is gone from the "OVAL" Confused ?? any idea of where it went ? Looks like a sealed unit to me Cry
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:52pm
It fell off, it's 6' from where I lost the spare tire and mounting cable/holder off my ride. I have NO idea where or when I lost it though....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:58pm
No. the OVAL is there, the blue interior is gone TongueTongue !!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:03pm
Take it to a gunsmith and have it re-blued...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm
It's not worth it LOLLOL !!
Sadly, it's an '05 model with the "LARGE" oval, unlike todays "twinky" oval 

Edited by FREEDGUY - 15 Oct 2021 at 6:15pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:18pm
I really don't care...Tongue
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:48am
Perhaps its like the mood rings they advertised from the late 70's. Could mean it's time to move on.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:06am
Freedguy that's a serious dilemma you have in missing blue from your oval! Some of these wise ancient Union Pension,Social Security grabbers that post a lot can tell you a special place you can put your oval and it will turn brown!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:52pm
OH, OH, OH !!! PICK ME !!!    LOL   LOL   Clap
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

Freedguy that's a serious dilemma you have in missing blue from your oval! Some of these wise ancient Union Pension,Social Security grabbers that post a lot can tell you a special place you can put your oval and it will turn brown!

That's an AWESOME post KLINGON !!
WHY can you jack holes NOT GRASP a sincere question to a legitimate topic ??ClapClap
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:57pm
YEP... people stay up nights... loose sleep worrying about that BLUE OVAL ..Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

YEP... people stay up nights... loose sleep worrying about that BLUE OVAL ..Wink
You prove my point STEVO ClapClap !! 
May I "assume" you're replying from your phone while harvesting this evening ???

Edited by FREEDGUY - 16 Oct 2021 at 5:04pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

WHY can you jack holes NOT GRASP a sincere question to a legitimate topic ??ClapClap

Sincere ? Legitimate??

Hard to tell what you’re even babbling about.

So…..this happen all at once, or gradually??
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
He got a milk crate to sit on,a 12 pack to nurse on,sat in the driveway and watched that blue drain out of there
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:50pm
I wonder if he asks where did the brew go?Wink
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:01pm
I'm sure he'll be asking shortly
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Sincere ? Legitimate??

Hard to tell what you’re even babbling about.

So…..this happen all at once, or gradually??

Gradually over the past 4 years of my ownership, until 3 weeks ago, ALL of the blue is gone , no trace of it in the emblem. 
Just out of curiosity, how is the "oval"  held into the grill on the "off-chance" that I decide to replace it with a junkyard find ? 

Edited by FREEDGUY - 16 Oct 2021 at 7:09pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:10pm
I’m gonna take a wild guess here, and say the Sun faded it completely away.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:18pm
Thanks for the reply Lars, Why only the '05 models ?? I've seen previous model years that have horrible cab /bed/hood rot, yet the oval is "pristine" CryCry ??
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:23pm
Probably a bad batch of paint from the supplier.
Just like the radio antenna’s and coax that GM had to deal with for a number of years, turns out their supplier sold them a few million that were manufactured inferior.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:54pm
Make sure you park the new one level, so the brew er blue don't run out...Wink
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
Brew Blue!!!! Absolutely priceless
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:10am
Sounds like it’s just out of blinker fluid.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:13am
I guess I could post: Where ndid my red go? I grew up with red hair but it ain't anymore. There, I added one more post to my count and it was purely nonsense. 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm
Maybe he will find his blew in the orange pumpkin patch while waiting for the great pumpkin to show his tru blue...
 Lets face a fact, your glue came unglued. same front grills... One missing the blue.  from 1992 3/4 ton trucks

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I’m gonna take a wild guess here, and say the Sun faded it completely away.

If he gets a good one, maybe we all chip in and get some duck tap on it so the sun doesn't get the new one.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Bob D. (La) Bob D. (La) wrote:

I guess I could post: Where ndid my red go? I grew up with red hair but it ain't anymore. There, I added one more post to my count and it was purely nonsense. 

Way to go Bob.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 6:52pm
Was there not a Ford hater that peed on Fords that was full of shenanigan's. Na Ford could not be so bad peeing on it would fade it out Confused  could it. 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 8:29pm
appears to me that that truck is ashamed to wear a badge like that, so it tried rubbing it off. maybe it wants to wear a more classy badge? 
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:44pm
Shameless, you got any of that 'special' paint left? He would be the perfect candidate for some of that.😄
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic