This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's going on here lately?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's going on here lately?
    Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:25pm
It seems like there can't be a thread anymore without atleast 2 participants having a bitch fight over something absolutely ridiculous. Can we get a section for teenage girl drama BS that some of these arguments can be had in? That way when somebody wants to tell someone the equivalent of "Chloe, you're so stupid for wearing that shirt with those shorts" it can be handled in an area where the adults don't have to suffer through it?

I'm not going to call names and this is not a place to do it so y'all please don't either. It'll just sound like a "he started it" when a mother gets on to their child for doing something stupid. I swear this arguing and he said she said crap almost makes me want to follow Joe.

Edited by thendrix - 19 May 2021 at 8:27pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:17pm
  I think it's unfortunate, and a byproduct of people being able to have relationships with people and never actually meeting them, so there isn't a personal relationship. Since it's not personal some people forget there manners.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:04pm
Is this a product of limited access to the political section?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:08pm
<<<<<sittin in the corner...be'in a good little farmer boy!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:45am
It's not just here.  I've noticed at work with some of the people working remote, that when you don't interact in person, people tend to lose their social skills and empathy for others, and become obnoxious jerks when they have the safety of a keyboard and screen between them.   I think that the last year of isolation/restrictions has people grumpy too.
As I've stated that I think people have bad attitudes due to covid, my girlfriend says she thinks that is the true nature of those people being asshats and covid has just given them the excuse to show their true colors.  I'm not sure which way it is, but I'm also tired of everyone being so hateful and argumentative.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:46am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

It seems like there can't be a thread anymore without atleast 2 participants having a bitch fight over something absolutely ridiculous. Can we get a section for teenage girl drama BS that some of these arguments can be had in? That way when somebody wants to tell someone the equivalent of "Chloe, you're so stupid for wearing that shirt with those shorts" it can be handled in an area where the adults don't have to suffer through it?

I'm not going to call names and this is not a place to do it so y'all please don't either. It'll just sound like a "he started it" when a mother gets on to their child for doing something stupid. I swear this arguing and he said she said crap almost makes me want to follow Joe.
Clap ClapClap
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:06am
I agree with all the above, but hey, it's Spring, the grass is green, the leaves are coming out, the birds are singing and Covid is getting less of a problem for most of us.
I got a text on my ditch company flip phone a couple days ago, "Just a friendly heads up, step on my property"  "I tried to be nice but chose otherwise"  The phone number is local but not one I know and I'm too cheap to pay to look it up, used to be free to do that.  Could be a wrong number as the message was not complete.  I can't think of anyone who's property I have stepped on, except maybe a land owner along the irrigation ditch.
Maybe we need a section for "Whining"!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:23am
There is one person I know for sure, possibly more, that have to make a rude comment to certain posters no matter the subject.  Used to be, if you had a dispute with someone on the Political section, you left it there.  Some people are/were not capable of doing that.  It's time we get back to that strategy and let the water run of the ducks back!  If all you have to say to any post is a negative comment . . . just don't comment, move on down the page. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:47pm
In the meantime my car warranty needs renewing , I have a $1,385 charge on Amazon for things I need to either press 1 for or hang up and say it's OK , also my computer is sending virus and this nice guy with Indian accent from Microsoft Tech will fix it for me , but call was interrupted by a nice guy asking for a donation to Fund Police retirement cause , then I found out Pay Pal wanted to verify my account and credit card - so please read the numbers on front and back of card so they could check .
  And now someone is worried another said something they didn't like -  The World is warming and people are concerned about words ? 
  Life is H unless you realize most people are CRAZY - well except for a couple AND I wonder about them !
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:06pm
Well said Coke!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:27pm
 And now someone is worried another said something they didn't like -  The World is warming and people are concerned about words ?

I spent 40 years on a Maintenance Crew... Nobody cut any slack.. Guess im to thick skinned now.. Nothing bothers me.. Do what i want, when i want, where i want .. Too old to really care about someones opinion.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:33pm
If you make stupid comments a lot of times you get stupid answers.   Just the way it is...
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:13pm
If you hear something you don’t like, take it’s only power away. Your attention.
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:49pm
We're all Allis-Chalmers people.  Stay true to yourself and be nice to each other.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by EPALLIS EPALLIS wrote:

We're all Allis-Chalmers people.  Stay true to yourself and be nice to each other.
GREATEST thing I've heard on here in a long time!!!!

Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

If all you have to say to any post is a negative comment . . . just don't comment, move on down the page. 
My Mother taught us that "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 5:01pm
I read your OP post last night but refrained from commenting until more replies "trickled in". I've got my own "theory" on the negative/put-down posts, and it's DIRECTLY related to the # of posts/member  and their political affiliation , it doesn't matter WHAT section they respond to Cry 
It's a "MOB" mentality that causes the type of replies to an HONEST question IMO Wink

Edited by FREEDGUY - 22 May 2021 at 5:13pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I read your OP post last night but refrained from commenting until more replies "trickled in". I've got my own "theory" on the negative/put-down posts, and it's DIRECTLY related to the # of posts/member  and their political affiliation , it doesn't matter WHAT section they respond to Cry 

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

YES SIR !!! You're the FIRST one that came to my mind WinkWink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 8:28pm
Yep, that's me livin rent free, in a large space!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 8:28pm
If you fellas are going to start that BS please start it somewhere else
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic