This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do???
    Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:18am
A Mexican family bought 5 acres right across the road from us. They say they’re gonna put a mobile home there. They have cut trails and made a atv track over there. They invite me over to ride quite often. We have a blast. We own 5 acres right north of them. I bought it to keep anybody from building there and it makes a nice buffer from the hiway. Last night Jenn noticed they have dozed a big wide trail through our property. I don’t mean cutting a few limbs I mean they pushed out big nice trees with a dozer and left the place looking like . They are right across the road from my moms house now and she lives close to the road. They ride all hrs of the night and keep her awake. The owner of the property told me that whoever sold him his property walks him down the road and showed him where his stops. That is way beyond even the property we bought. All my paperwork is buried in a tote while we are remodeling. Jenn is going to the title/ land office this morning to get copies. What should I do? I like these people and don’t want neighbor problems. They did get a bit testy last night when I explained it was my property.
Sponsored Links

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:52am
Old saying ' good fences make good neighbors'.
Around here generally any land sales involve a surveyor. If you get the legal description, and have a benchmark fairly close, might be worth getting a measuring wheel and pacing it off. Would get you within a few feet anyway.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:27am
Tell them you plan on raising hogs if they continue to be a pain.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

Old saying ' good fences make good neighbors'.
Around here generally any land sales involve a surveyor. If you get the legal description, and have a benchmark fairly close, might be worth getting a measuring wheel and pacing it off. Would get you within a few feet anyway.
center of the creek is legal property line. It’s solid rock. Also illegal to fence creek or do any work on creek. I paid for a survey when I bought the property. I tried to show him markers. He refused to see and told me they found a corner marker. I had him show me the corner. It was several thousand feet beyond my property on the oppositely neighbors property. My wife brought out the deed and he suddenly forgot how to speak English and couldn’t understand. His nephew got mad and asked why I needed the land on that side of the road since I live on the other side.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:47am
 Gosh,,Thad,,,thas a tough one especially with new neighbors but "Domestic Tranquility" starts and ends with how YOU handle these sort of issues,,,I say Issues instead of problems as it would be much better to start off as friends. 
  The way I would handle this is to go ask the dude where "HE" was told  the property lines are. It's better to imply that he may have been misled by the SELLER,,,,,,, OH,,and you can mention that you wanted to leave your lot as natural as possible. Good Luck. I Have used the following with GREAT results in a similar situation up in the mountains. 
  A new property owner wanted to start a "Guide Service" and begin giving others access to two of the best Elk hunting canyons just west of our property. We bought our property for our personal  access for many years to come.. I went and talked to the dude and made the point that HE was fixin to piss off all the other land owners there and he would NOT be able to count on any of us for any help,,,especially if there was a fire on his place or vandals visiting his place when he was gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I carefully explained all the other property owners had settled there for that specific reason and he would forever be an outsider if he continued his BS. THEN,,,,,,,a couple of weeks later when the monthly mountain news letter came out,,,there were 8 articles in there complaining bout the dude (His name included) and bad mouthing him for what he was wantin to do,,,,,,,,,He sold his place two months later,,,,,Clap
 Ditto, what ole Truckerfarmer says on the survey,,,GOOD LUCK,,!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:14am
I just got off the phone with the survey company. He’s gonna bring me a new copy of the platt. He says he can get me within a few feet of the southwest marker. May even have pics of the marker in the road before they repaved. I did have the neighbor show me where he thought his markers were. He was several thousand feet north of my property at the opposite neighbors property line. I hope to save my friendship with this guy. I’m letting Jennifer handle this. She’s less apt to get stupid. Surveyed says get a lawyer. I don’t want to do that.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:25am
I'd be getting a stop work order issued before they destroy anything else with that dozer until the legal property lines can be established. If it was only a few yards is one thing, but a thousand or more feet, no you stop immediately until the legal boundary is marked by a surveyor is how I'd handle it.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:36am
Better get it stopped before they ruin all the trees.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Better get it stopped before they ruin all the trees.

I’m trying. It will take me the next two winters to clean up what they’ve already done. It wasn’t neat work by any means.
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:30am
just wonder HOW BIG this guy thinks 5 acres is???

yep you better get him to park that dozer till you get some lines drawn in the sand,,,or he is gona make a real mess for ya,,,,and be pissed off anyway

ocharry
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
Common courtesy and common sense are rare these days. I know you said he thinks the property is his but how about a heads up to you that he was going to bring a dozer in and do that. Yeah if he thinks it's his land and he doesn't have to ask then he has no courtesy. Around here we always talk to the neighbors beforehand and tell them what we are wanting to do and see what their reaction is before it blows up into something. Another thing that's rare is good neighbors.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:12pm
Thad, you need to get it stopped as soon as possible. Staying on friendly terms is one thing but don't let them use that to take advantage of you. You may need to enlist the help of some of your other neighbors to put a little pressure on the guy. Your best resource may be a good lawyer to get a stop work order and make then pay for your property that they have destroyed. Also riding atv's all hours of the night is creating a public nuisance which could get law enforcement involved. They may not was law enforcement looking at them too closely. And there is some good advice in what ole DJ posted.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:21pm
I've heard of people having to pay for each tree they destroyed, plus a sizeable sum of money.  You need to find your property line and then put up "Posted" signs.  Call the police if the signs are violated.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:41pm
The police will be no help. I know a lawyer who also owns the title company that did the closing on this property. I built his offices. I’m having Jennifer get in contact with him. I also know the culprits boss. He owns a very large excavation company and loaned this guy the equipment to do this work. I can get the equipment stopped. I don’t want this guy to lose his job. I feel like he was lied to when he bought his property. I’d be willing to call it all good if they stop now. The 4 wheelers don’t bother me because we live way off the road but my mom does not.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
Guess I would first set the boundary line by the surveyor and clean that strip and put up a fence right on that line.
 Next give them a cease and decease in using your property...
  If he starts back talking or cussin you out, then tell them that you don't want to be a hard nose but... it's your land and he is disrespecting you and your property, and now he can replant that strip he destroyed with 15-20ft trees of the specie you want , one for one that they destroyed for everyone that was over X size in diameter...
...and if he tells you he isn't going to do that, tell him he needs to rethink his decision because it will just get more costly for him...  and he starts ranting louder, keep your cool ... and...
 ...then tell him you will have to call a forester in and have him estimate the value of your trees and then have to take him to court to collect money for damage, and for cleanup and for replanting the trees by a reputable business that does restorations of such damages, and it won't be cheap... and you will present it to him even if you have to take him to court to get it all settled.
  And make sure you got somebody with that can speaka spanish or mexicana.   Good Luck
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:20pm
If you haven't already you should get lots of pictures of the damage.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:42pm
Thad, 
Man sounds like your going have a hard time saving this relationship. Yes get the dozer stopped for sure. Remark the boundries as needed to be clear. Then the lawyers may need to get involved, unless your just going to accept the damage?
That part about not being able to speak the language would aggravate me.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
A good friend owns the plot north of us . He called the guy today and texted him a pic of our deed. The guy says he’ll pick up all his trash and put big rocks in place to block the roads they made. The county judge called the police and all the sudden they decided they did want to come look. They told Jenn we need to put no trespassing signs all along the border and use some purple tape. Hopefully this will keep them out. We’re getting a couple game cameras soon. I appreciate all the advice. I figure if they get mad at me over their mistake then I don’t need them as friends anyway.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:54pm
Build the wall, NOW!Wink
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Build the wall, NOW!Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:30pm
And make them pay for it.

In all honesty, I feel for ya and hope the best for you.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Build the wall, NOW!Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Agreed! And like Chaskaduo said....they pay for it! Lol! 
Because of this whole bulldozer ordeal, the wall just got 10' higher

Edited by CrestonM - 20 Sep 2018 at 11:44pm
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:46am
5 acres is room for 50 trailers
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:10am
My experience tells me that everyone is destined to have one A$$HOLE neighbor. We had one move into the house next door to my parents farm after the older couple there passed away. Then after my parents passed, I brought a place further out in the country with only two houses bordering my place. Wouldn’t you know one is a citybot anal retentive @sswipe that has to vacuum his yard twice a week and thought he could pile the grass clippings over the fence onto my side. After couple of times taking the loader and putting the clippings back into their rightful place he was complaining. I explained that HIS trash doesn’t belong on my side of the fence. Then he started knawing away at the botton of the posts with a weedwacker, so I had the spray around all the posts with Roundup. Do what you gotta do to get your neighbors to respect your property. I was brought up to treat anything belonging to someone else better than your own.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:16am
We were told to post signs and purple paint around the border. Jenn bought signs and we hung them last night. He and his son showed up to ride 4 wheelers. They saw the signs and rode up the road to see if we put any there. I was walking home when he went by . They stopped and he said “so it’s gonna be like this huh?” I said yes it is. He got friendly again and all seemed ok. He then promised to put big rocks in front of the roads he cut just as soon as he can get the dozer back. I hope this will pass with no more issues.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:21am
We have a nutso neighbor "Gun Dealer" that rattles off a few clips after NINE OCLOCK at night IN THE WINTER and after dark in summer. No idea how he sees, never has lights on and fully expect to get a few strays one of these days.
Cops are ineffective.

We have a 4 acre key slot property owner in the center of our road frontage, his house is the previous farm owners home that was his inheritance. Smell some weird odors from there on occasion has a stereo blasts all night and dogs that run the surrounding farms but not maliciously. He had a scrap junk pile that encroached to my property thru a fence, I did similar with the loader getting a bucket load and transferring back to where belonged.   He still does it once in awhile I believe as he has always done that in that spot. The place is a trash hole but he tends to stay to himself, any issues and I will set the law and lawyers on him.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Sep 2018 at 5:23am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:14pm
How's it going on the Nathanial front?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
If you really want to make them think.... backhoe several holes about 3' wide, 6' long and 6' deep.....place them 6' apart, so backhoe can refill 'as required'......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

How's it going on the Nathanial front?

Very quiet. We haven’t heard a thing lately. His Grandma has taken control of the situation and I haven’t heard much lately.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:50pm
Great, hope this quiets down for you too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic