This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do? dog thing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do? dog thing!
    Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:50pm
Well long story.  Lost me dog a few years back. She was my GIRL!  Have 2 rescue dogs at the moment, treated better than I am, bride thing! Have a grand-dog, that we watch as well.  Good dog, German Short-Hair Retriever, 1 year old, smarter than I am for the most of the time, or all the time!!! 
So looking into another English Springer Spaniel, my wife called and got info, I said not now, they called and someone backed out of this good looking female pup, the one that I seen in the photos, and loved from the start!  We were on their list, and called, she wants a good home.
I think it was ment to be???

So, 1 is lonely, 2 is a couple, 3 is a crowd, what is 4??? almost a hand full???

Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:29pm
Sounds like your gonna have almost a hand full.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:00pm
When you get to 7 or 8, you is a korean rancher...Wink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:28pm
we gots 2 goldens and 2 labs in the house!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:31pm
You'd still be behind Shameless at 4. If you can handle em, go for it. If you suspect it may be a burden, maybe you should back off. I am here to tell you what though, at ole Shameless house, them dogs is LOVED and they mind their manners. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:32pm
Shameless, you was posting same time as I was. Now I suppose you heard me talking about ya. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:36pm
yep...and thanks! they are really good dogs!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm
My wife and I (especially my wife) sure enjoyed them when we was at your house. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:46pm
my oldest golden really liked you! and all of them liked the both of you! they can tell when people like critters or not! they are waiting for you 2 to come back and visit!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:50pm
I'll warn you enough ahead of time when I am coming so you can make me some of that good prime rib. Darrel
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:50pm
Might as well bite the bullet and bring her home. There is still some winter left and you may have occasion for a 4 dog night.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:21am
We have a Grand dog, a long haired dachsund we watch on occasion.  An older real easy going dog.  we get along real well.  I just doggie sat my friends minny chihaha.  She really loves me and sleeps with me and not my wife! 

I had been thinking about getting another dog until I had to take care of that dog and I just don't have the patience to take care of a dog.  Seems like they always want to go out and I don't have a tieout to use.  I have one but the cats are nearby and it gets a little difficult!

I guess I'll just stay with the cats, and the wife takes care of them and they are all outside.  We have 4 or 5 farrel cats that are all fixed and two of them will allow me to pet them so that is enough pet for me right now.

Funny, we have three heated bowls.  One is the larger size, and one of the cats discovered the heat and will sit in it when it's empty!

Two of them are long hair males and have grown manes this year, so I new we would be getting some real cold weather!  I like cats, they do some entertaining stuff!Smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:09am
Name it Quatro or however you spell 4.

What my daughter named the 4th cat.  Wink
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:05am
as long as you give it a good loving home no problem having another dog. we had three and one died. have two now yellow lab and ankle biter lasapo.

Edited by trace - 14 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:12am
John there's always goldfish. Quiet, don't eat much, don't mess much, can leave em alone for a while. Got to keep the cats away from em tho. Wink

I have 2 great little chihuahuas that just want to love ya to death.

Edited by chaskaduo - 14 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 11:23pm
That German Shorthair is a GREAT hunting dog!!!  Go to Iowa pheasant hunting an you'll love her FOREVER!!  What a joy to just watch, much less shoot over!

You can NEVER have too many dogs.  It just seems like it some times.  The hard part is training, it takes time and patience,,,,,,,oh wait, you just need another GIRL.  Well there ya go!  DO IT!  You WON'T regret it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:16am
Well I am going for it!   Going to see her and pick her up tomorrow.  Thanks guys for the comments, sure did help out.   dave
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:24pm
We have a 1/2 chi and a short hair Jack Russell. What a hoot. Started treeing squirrels at 6 mons. Goes in a run everywhere he goes.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:14pm
we wants pics!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:25am
Shameless, I do believe that we have stated that to you a few times as well!! LOL

I will try.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:47am
 Dave,,,it's NO USE,,,,I've sent him at last count,,,,4 flip phones that gots a good camera and included instruction on how to use camera and post to the forum,,,,but you think he pays any attention,,,,,NOOOooooooo,,,,,  he ain't yet,,,,

Chit,,,I ain't never got him to send me some pics of thet Chevy Allis he been tryin to get me to come get for the cost of the fuel to get there and back,,,,what a guy,,,!!!!Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:19am
For what it is worth, I CAN and will take some pictures, I just have no clue how to post them???  So I am one up on you know who, but better off not telling him that, or the machine will be pointed this way!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

For what it is worth, I CAN and will take some pictures, I just have no clue how to post them???  So I am one up on you know who, but better off not telling him that, or the machine will be pointed this way!

Yeah,,,Dave ,, and,,,and,,,I do feel for all youse guys that he CAN reach without too much effort,,,,,I went back and checked with the National Weather Service and they told me the Winter Storm Goliath was a "Once In A Lifetime" event and he had all the tangents fall right in line to get all that Chit to dump on us so bad,,,,and,,,since he ain't no cat,,,he done use up any cat lives he might of had,,,,,,,,Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic