This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What dozer is this??? got it for free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700gitrdone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What dozer is this??? got it for free
    Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:31pm
Hey i'm new here.  I'm familiar with john deere dozers and got this a/c dozer for free trying to figure out what it is...  It has a hand crank on the front to start it, 4 cylinder gas.  Would like to know how much it weighs roughly and what year make and model it is.  The tracks are locks cuz tranny is froze in gear but motor spins over freely.  So i had to unload it with my dozer by tipping it up lol.   thanks help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

700gitrdone View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700gitrdone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:32pm

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700gitrdone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:41pm
I'm from central wisconsin and am going to probably scrap it out as is.  But if anybody wants any parts off it such as tracks or final drives let me know asap, i'm planning on draining the fluids tomorrow. 

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700gitrdone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:09pm
I think its a allis m model from 1948 to 1949  does anybody know?
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 2:44pm
Yes its a M made from 1934 to 1943, 14528 made different running gear and tracks on early models and different seat backs untill 1937 pluse several other variations.
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:58am
I need a few spare track pads for my HD5G.  Does anyone know if they will fit? 
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 9:38am
Update: My track pads (shoes) are 12-3/4" Long X 7" Wide.  Bolt pattern is trapezoidal 4-1/4" X 2-1/4" (the second set of wide spaced holes is 4" spacing).  Since shipping would be expensive, I would probably only want 5 or 6.
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 10:12pm
I'd be very sad to see it scrapped, but I'm a little too far away to take it off your hands. I'd love to restore it. Darrel
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:40am
Chad(WI) - you need to give this a home with the rest of your machines.....
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
old220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 1:48pm
Where is this located would be interested if close to Indiana
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 6:51pm
If you scrap it out, keep that radiator guard which is an original AC option on Model M's, somebody will want it!!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:30am
Some guys get all the luck. If ONLY I was closer, If ONLY I could hide it from you know who.Man,it'd be a nice project and fun for the grandaughter(8) to play with in the fields!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 12:02pm
Getrdone, Why don't you hang off from draining fluids and scrapping it ideas for a month or so so as to get into some better weather and give the Allis-Chalmers collectors a chance at it as a whole machine...
   Plus Wisconsins a few miles across so be more specific as to where in cerntral Wisconsin. Say like Wausa or Wisconsin Rapids
   or better yet, give specific location of item such as the closest town to it at least and a phone number.

I hate those dudes who want to sell something and won't give any information. They think they are cute when they say something like 'Located in USA', or leave message and no number to call or you leave a message and they nver call back.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:48pm
the under carriage still looks good on it!
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:22pm
I probably have some street pads for an HD-5G........  Let me know.....
LoggerLee View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoggerLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:15am
would you take scrap price for it?
alphadog428@yahoo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic