This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does "ONE YEAR WARRANTY" mean,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does "ONE YEAR WARRANTY" mean,,,,
    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:45am

OK, here's what some people have stooped to,,,,,,,
  After I bought this big Polaris 4X4 ATV last year, one of the things I figured I needed to replace was the primary drive belt as the PO had never changed it. I ordered a new "Extreme Duty" belt from rocky mountain and never installed it as I would up having to remove the transmission because of the hard shifting issues. Well, last week I finally was ready to try the shifting issues after repairs and installed the Drive belt. WHOA,,,it was very, very tight on the clutches and had ZERO deflection!! I take both belts to the Polaris dealer and he tells me the NEW belt is wrong size (too small) and will cause many problems in engine crankshaft bearings as well as the transmission. According to the Polaris manual, it should have 1 1/8" deflection with a straight edge from clutch to clutch,,,ain't no way the new one will work,,!!
 So, I contact the  seller,,and right off the bat,,he was very RUDE telling me, Your "window of Return" expired 6 months ago, "Bub",,, I reminded him the item had a "ONE YEAR WARRANTY" and I wanted to return this UNUSED belt for the proper one that is supposed to fit my machine. He flat refused,! I told him I was going to open a Claim with Ebay against him refusing to honor HIS One Year Warranty. Then, the AH says the warranty is ONLY if the belt tears up!! So, I go to the ad and there it is plain as day,,,"ONE YEAR WARRANTY" I "copy and Paste" that and send him another message highlighting his warranty. He still refuses,,,THEN,,he goes and "CHANGES" his ad, Removes the One Year Warramty and ADDS a 30 Day Return Window!!!!
 So, I get on ebay and find a phone number for Claims and got on a waiting list and after only a 15 minute wait, I get a call from one of those THICK accent females ,,atho she really wants to help!! After explaining to her she starts that I should try to resolve with the seller.I tell her to look at all the messages that I have sent thru Ebay and seller refuses to discuss,,,AND,,,AND,,she changes her tune when I tell her the seller has just "CHANGED" his ad Since I first messaged him by REMOVING the warranty statement and  ADDING a 30 DAY Return Window"!! I asked her to check for herself, She does and starts typing like mad. She told me this  is highly irregular for a seller to do once a claim is started and she is forwarding my case UP to management as it is a clear violation of Ebay Rules.
 Some people just ain't got no morals,,,,,so well see how this goes today or tamarrow,,,,,
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 9:47am
One GREAT reason to 'buy local' especially for mechanical parts...
I don't do biz with either Ebay or Amazon,even though I'd LOVE to buy some new tires for the Kub, Amazon don't like me......BTW the tire company had 300-350 pcs in stock !
it is sad when you have to fight for what is right !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 9:51am
I have only had to go to the claims dept once.  Surprised the hey out of me as I got my money back.  Good luck.  and and, don't forget to bring your own vaseline.  Wink
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:10am
Jay is spot on - buy local whenever possible. If I can find what I need at a LOCALLY owned establishment that is where I buy even if I have to pay a bit more. Hope you get your refund and the seller has to pay shipping on the return. A motorcycle/atv mechanic friend told me that running in high range most of the time shortens the belt life on a Polaris.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 2:47pm
I got shafted a couple of times but PayPal came through for me and gave me my money back.  AND I got to keep the wrong part.  I asked what am I going to do with it??!!  They tole me to put it on ebay and sell it.  LOL
I haven't bought anything in a LONG time from epay and unless I can't find it anywhere else, I'll go to Amazon, but I hate doing it.
GOOD luck Joe, I hope they are as good to you as they are to me!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:41pm
I'm afraid I have to side with the eBay seller on this one, as a "Warranty" would apply if the part fails.  "Return window" is totally different and would/should be spelled out.  If it was not, then it can be anything he wants.  Buyer beware applies here.  Is an exchange available for "the correct" one?  If/when I've had a part for a year, I would not be expecting a return/refund.

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 6:14pm
Back in the days of pagers, I had one that the display was messed up and went to trade it in under the 1 year warranty.  Guy behind the counter said warranty only covers it if its broke, it ain't broke.  I went outside set it under the rear wheel of my van, backed over it a couple times, picked up the pieces, went back inside and dumped the double handful on the counter and said, your rules, that S.O.B. is broke now!  Walked out with a new one.
Maximum use of available resources!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by GSTROM99 GSTROM99 wrote:

I'm afraid I have to side with the eBay seller on this one, as a "Warranty" would apply if the part fails.  "Return window" is totally different and would/should be spelled out.  If it was not, then it can be anything he wants.  Buyer beware applies here.  Is an exchange available for "the correct" one?  If/when I've had a part for a year, I would not be expecting a return/refund.

I never said I had the part for one year. You should read more carefully before you chastize someone with your "Holier Than Thou" attitude. YOU can throw away what ever you want even if still under warranty. Most other people ain't built that way,,,!!!

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:48pm
Joe I guess your not in any mood for me to tell you a Honda would have been a better choice......

Please don't hurt me Joe........
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Back in the days of pagers, I had one that the display was messed up and went to trade it in under the 1 year warranty.  Guy behind the counter said warranty only covers it if its broke, it ain't broke.  I went outside set it under the rear wheel of my van, backed over it a couple times, picked up the pieces, went back inside and dumped the double handful on the counter and said, your rules, that S.O.B. is broke now!  Walked out with a new one.

JW, next time we talk, ask me about the telephone i took to the phone company one time.
I cannot tell that one here
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm
Joe, Joe, JOE! dude...settle down, yer gonna blow a fuse! i don't think that a warranty includes returns. alot of places have a time table on returns. also did you happen to get it "on sale"?. the Polaris Dealer wouldn't exchange it for you? since you wanted the right belt anyway, might have been a few $$$ +/-? was it a Polaris belt or an off brand? now....you don't want me calling you "that" one word again....do you? lol 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 12:04am

Naw,,Shameless,,,and Stan too,,,I'm OK now. Just dislike some puttin on airs with their Holier Than thou attitude.,,Wink  Actually it was the seller that brought up the issue of the belt being "out of warranty"!!  I first told him all I was looking for was an exchange for the correct drive belt since they sent the wrong belt. Wasn't looking for a freebie,,just wanted what I paid for.
 And,,Ebay told me the seller had not acted in good faith when he "changed" the original ad by removing HIS Warranty statement and ADDING the new return window. Just a dishonest vendor. OK, I'm done.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 8:28am
In a 'contract' ,ANY ambiguity, goes in favour of the one who did NOT write up the 'contract'. The 'warranty' clause of the ad is part of the 'contract'(seller offers, buyer buys).
since the ORIGINAL ad was removed, hard to say  BUT he wanted an exchange,probably cause the AD said xxx1 when xxx2 was the correct belt for the application ??

I've had stuff arrive that was pulled from bin 23 and not 32...totally differnet parts,call up...no proble, new one sent out, keep the '23'( not worth them $$ to get back....

Heck, I've taken stuff back to PrincessAuto 16 months later and gotten a refund ! Took awhile, lotta 'screens' full of my 'previous purchases'.....
bottom line... CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 9:56am

Thanks Jay,,I'm glad YOU understand.Wink
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:02am
I always thought you could return a item unless the ad had a no returns clause, or a restocking fee, then you just lost some of your money.  Most all the ads say return shipping paid by buyer.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:58am
I bought a disc brake rotor for a Norton on E-bay and when i got it it was so used the guy had to have taken it out of a scrap pile .
 contacted him and he said it was good and it could be ground down if I felt it was bad, so measured it and found it had already been ground and was undersized already . 
 filed a complaint - went no where as said it was used and not return policy listed - OK eat the deal and move on .
 Then I find out I was black listed on that site , and 4 other sites selling motorcycle parts . Odd part those 4 sites were bidders on his first page - evidently running different sites to SHILL bid up products on 5 different adds - making it look like actual bidders 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 12:55pm
I haven't been on fleebay in over 10 years. It just got too hard to sort out the crooks and thieves and scammers from honest people. 
Oh, and the stupid! 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:20pm
I have no dog in your fight, but IMO, there's a reason is on EBAY ConfusedConfused. I sincerely hope you can get this hashed out Smile !!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm
Well I agree Freed but I have never been burnt on Ebay, and Joe might be like me and have to drive a hour if they don't have it locally, so I figure if I can't buy it local and end up having to drive a hour to buy from Wally or Cheapo Depot etc I might as well have it shipped to my door, if the shipping is free of course(I'm kinda a tight a$$ like thatLOL) but yes I'm sure there are plenty of scams out there.  I've just been lucky knock on head wood. Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:44pm
Always check stuff when you get it. Wife had a bad day today, she got 2 flat screen smart tvs on HSN 6 months ago when they were having a sale. She put one in the living room shortly after we got them and it worked fine although I am not impressed by the sound quality, maybe needs a sound bar. Anyway the other TV was to replace the one in the bedroom, the old one in there still works, so the new one got set to the side. Today we were going to put the new one in the screen was shattered, Only a couple small marks on the box all the Styrofoam was in place didn't expect that kind of damage. Called HSN and the TV manufacturer but its the shippers fault. so $400 lesson.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic