This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Brand Of Tire Do You Use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Brand Of Tire Do You Use?
    Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 9:21pm
I started looking for replacement tires for our front tractor tire on a WD45 and AC running gear. I have looked at American Farmer, Carlisle Farm, TSL Interco, Nanco, Titan, Firestone, Rural King and GPX Galaxy on the internet and read the reviews only to find out this one is too soft ect. Now I ask of the forum members which ones do you own?
Thanks,
Danny

Danny Raddatz
Sponsored Links

Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
I have alway been a fan of Firestone and Titan
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 11:50pm
Firestone Traction Field and Road. Love them. Have them on 2 out of the 3 B's, only because the 3rd one doesn't need replaced yet and I can't justify spending the money for new tires when I don't need them. They are great tires once you get a little road wear in them.
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 3:15am
American made!!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 4:25am
for wagons and front tires on tractors....what ever is the cheapest! for work tires (rears on tractors. firestone and bf goodrich have been good to me.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:27am
Titan always donated the tires for our FFA projects back in high school... that's a big plus in my book.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 10:32am
Danny, I like the new round and black kind. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:02am
 I'm with Don, if it's round and black it will work a long time on a tractor front or wagon gear. If you are going to hauling heavy loads with the running gear or hauling on the roads I would worry some about load range of the wagon tires.
 Dad put new Firestones on the front of the 8N Ford several years ago and the ribs were worn off in 2 years. They are still round so you just need to use the brakes to help steer.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:11pm
I put a set of American Farmer tires on the D19. I haven't got to use them much but i Like that they say Made in U.S.A in big bold letters. I also have used Firestone,Goodyear, Titan, Kelly Springfield and there all good. Go to your local tire dealer and see what they say and what works good for your type of soil. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic