This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what a crock!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm
The product they use here to kill volunteer RR corn in soybeans is called Fusilade.
Sponsored Links

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
There is Fusilade, select max, and some others
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 6:49pm
i should not weigh in,because i'm kind of a newbie here,but  i would not tolerate a farm manager like that. Advertise your farm for cash rent. You have the right to spell out the farming practices,and i'm pretty sure they will find a way to make a profit.Tell that s o b manager to hit the road,and don'tell him why. You deserve better.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:32pm
Shameless's problem is that the farm manager is also a stakeholder, aka brother.
Ain't that right Dale?

Edited by JohnCO - 31 Jan 2019 at 7:33pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm
Shamless,i apologize for my comments about your farm manager. A person should never enter a discussion about people unless he knows the pedigree of everybody involved. Still wish you had more clarity though. Family is often the most difficult people to deal with.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:05am
your fine soggy! no offense taken, i'd love to gits rid of him. he knows nothing about anything on a farm, he just loves the title. in reality he gave up his shares and gave them to his kids, he thought anything made off the farm would put him in a higher tax bracket! but he spends the profits faster than the farm can make it. i'm sure all this chit is gonna end up in court soon...there is more chit happening now, it just sucks! I gotta gits outta here, but will take awhile, about 60 years of accumulation has to leave too.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by soggybottomboy soggybottomboy wrote:

i should not weigh in,because i'm kind of a newbie here,but  i would not tolerate a farm manager like that. Advertise your farm for cash rent. You have the right to spell out the farming practices,and i'm pretty sure they will find a way to make a profit.Tell that s o b manager to hit the road,and don'tell him why. You deserve better.

I honestly don't know how anyone could make a profit on half a crop.  I guess EVERYTHING is split 50/50, and I mean EVERYTHING, then half of any profit would be split too I suppose.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:08am
When folks cash rent,and they have to pay all of the input costs,they are more motivated to make a profit,because they get 100% of it. I do agree though,that it has become difficult to do that lately. When renting 50/50,people are likely not to watch their nickel as closely because"the landlord pays for half of it."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:48am
Dale, you don't need to go to a lawyer, you HAVE to go to a lawyer.
He's performing grand larceny and getting away with it.  YOU can prove past profits and he's trying to ruin everybody.  It's probably a tax dodge for his kids and that is illegal.  I might even just drop a line to the IRS.....

It's either embezzlement of theft, or both, and both are illegal.

Also, as a stockholder, don't you have the legal right to see ALL the books?

Edited by Ted J - 02 Feb 2019 at 1:50am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
Kinda sounds like the stockholder took all the rights from Shamer and he's going to have to gets a lawyer to straighten it all out.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:16pm
I hate this for you Dale. I will keep you in my prayers for a smooth road ahead.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:50pm
Well, way back I gave my opinion and it seems to have come true. It's a shame that the people closest to you are the worst to deal with. I didn't necessarily agree with dad when we got out of the farming, but he held the reins, so I'm glad we did. I'm really sorry for the things that are going wrong Shameless, but maybe you can buy an old flat bottom boat and live on the river. It sure is a lot more affordable.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:32pm
Dale, I almost hate to mention this, but I'm have a deep gut feeling that over last couple years you have been cheated big time!. What you should have spent from the very start, would have more than gained back to you in earnings from this 'arrangement'. Have you actually seen your Father's 'will' yet?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:03pm
I'd have to agree with ac fleet: CASH RENT!!!! X number of dollars per acre, regardless of what they get for a crop. And usually a cash rent contract will have all of the specifics about proper stewardship of the land and such. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic