This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

went to HF today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: went to HF today
    Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 1:12am
been having sum gas borrowers (stealers) lately. picked up some driveway motion detectors. plus a lot of other goodies I couldn't do without! may hafta put up my game camera again!
Sponsored Links

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 1:53am
Treble fishing hooks on long leaders and razor blades with a dab of liquid nails are also a good deterrent. Just don't forget ya put them there but they do produce a good DNA sample.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:11am
I like the decoy method, leave a few cans of "gas" laying about.  What it is is 4-1/2 gallons of urine, wif a half a gallon of old gas, on top to simulate the real thing...Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 6:16am
heard about a guy mixed molasses with gas
it took a few days but local mechanic had a guy come in with 'stuck' engine
hehehe

I put box cutter blades under the dash of my 67 stang convertable
found a lotta blood on the mat one mornng

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
Now a days ya hurt the perp and he/she becomes a victim and sues ya for everything ya got if he/she proves ya set it up. If they can't prove intent, he/she still gets some compensation for being hurt on your premise, remember there will be a lawyer involved.   I like DiyDaves idea and filming it.   Good luck Shameless thieves are a pain in the.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:14am
The value of that Thoroughbred racehorse you had tethered to the very same fuel tank that same night. The one that got stolen the same night your fuel did should just about cover costs of some minor cuts and scratches. Old Dobbin used to make millions back when he was racing, after he got old all he was good for was breeding at 900,000,00 bucks a pop but gosh I sure miss him.

Edited by Walker - 22 Jul 2018 at 9:26am
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:58am
LOL---Good one! Keep the gas can but please bring back my horse and saddle.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:57am
Dave...I already gots that can of gas/pee sitting out there, ani't been touched! PffffT! I do move it around some so it looks like we use it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:57am
just thoughts of something....i'll bet ole Joe will snag that can of nasty gas sitting out there...should I tell him?
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:53am
If you'd listened to me you could be jigging it off the bottom right now to get their attention then making them chase it by reeling it in fast when they do show up.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
how long does it take to fill a 4.5 gallon can with PEE....... I go several times a day, but not much VOLUMN !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Dave...I already gots that can of gas/pee sitting out there, ani't been touched! PffffT! I do move it around some so it looks like we use it.

Most everybody knows what bad gas smells like so you need to donate that to the stockholders lawn or something were its killing power does no harmLOL. Then start over an you may get the suckers responsibleWink.

Also sounds like you need to put the old alarm system back to work. The puppies are getting as complacent as you.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:44pm
Could be an inside job being perp seems to know all your tricks, or maybe the perp reads this forum.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 5:02pm
 Hey Les,,,,,ole Chask may be tryin to blam,,,,er,,,never mind,,,be sharp,,,,,,Wink
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm
In the Road Warrior movies Mad MaX ate plenty of Dinky Doo dog food and he had all kinds of good ideas for gas thieves. Might help to try some of that.
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 7:11pm
Yep here too! Stopped getting gas off the truck a few years ago it kept disappearing. Now I go to town with 3 gas cans and fill up what needs gas right away or even the can goes missing but only if it is full! Put up 4 trail cameras last summer after tools went missing from my machine shed and 2 spark plug wires were cut on my truck. I'm thinking it is/was my jealous ex wife due to the fact it has all stopped since my kids told her I had cameras up!
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
We came home from the flea MKT last weekend and found every gate unhooked or standing partially open .. We were discussing trail cams, etc. This is not the first time this has happened. Was gonna make the 50+ mile ride to HF and check them out. Got's a coupon for 25% off, might get there one day next day or two/or next week. Then I gotta figure out how to cornceal them. Would like to knock a hole in the old barn and point them outside, but the goat stink will probably knock them out before they gets 1 picture took. I keep telling her those filthy darn goats is unwireing/unhooking the gates. One of them has figured out how to turn on the darn lights in the barn. I gotta raise the darn light switch a couple of ft. Gonna put in a new dishwasher for the daughter in law tomorrow afternoon. Will be 25 or 30 miles closer to HF then. Old gal will probably pay for the gas to get there. Just to prove her filthy old goats aren't guilty.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
I wouldn't worry about goat stink on HF cams. They were probably built by goats.

Edited by Walker - 23 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:50am
well I hooked up one of the driveway a;arms, have it pointed right where the new burb sits in the car port, the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife came in Sunday morning and said the cap lid was partly open on it, she went to close it and the cap almost fell out on the ground. she lost about a 1/4 tank. I quit filling my gasser pickup tank, only puts about $10. each time I need it in it. that keeps the bottom of the tank wet. gonna put up a motion light to shine on one of the pickups parking area today. my diesel pickup still has almost a full tank in it yet. I see that the last person caught stealing my diesel fuel drives a gasser pickup now! game cam got him caught!
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:53am
Put sugar in the gas that'll seize up the engines.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:10pm
that danged alarm went off at 0400 AM today, I gots up, went outside and didn't see nuthin! while sitting here this noon, it went off again, I went out and there was a bunny sitting where the burb sits! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:13pm
another thing I picked up at HF, is a "pocket ref" book. that little black book has about everything you used to know to about everthing you may have never heard of! whew! that's gonna be one handy little book! and no Joe...ain't gots room for no phone numbers of extra ladies you might be thunkin about!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:42am
Well,,Shameless,,you don't gots to worry bout me and them ladies at the new HF down to C-Bad,,,I'm worried my "irrisistable Charm" ain't done Chit on thet woman,,fact is,,,she started glarin at me the last time I was in there just cause I had to DEMAND they sell me the 2500# winch that had been advertised for $49 and should of been $69,,,,,not MY fault they don't know how to type good,,,,,,Wink
 Say,,!!  Thet black book sounds like a great idea,,,cause some people might think they know it all but don't,,,and,,,,and,,,I;m one of those that needs some help every now and again,,,,,,Clap What is it called,,might have an excuse to go down and have a look see,,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:46am
it was over by the wheels and tires.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 4:54am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:02am
Hey DJ, Here is a picture of the pocket reference that Shameless was referencing to...
an DD posted the link of what it looks like...

Edited by JC(WI) - 26 Jul 2018 at 11:42am
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:08am
   Hey THANKS,,Dave,,thats something I been needin for the longest,,,I'ma gonna go get me one,,,,Dang,,that much knowledge for just a buck .95,,,I'm IN,,!!!
  JC,,,lookin like youse got the same problem I was havin with postin pics,,,,your's did not post,,,,,Wink
 I was able to post so I but went back to tryin to post ole Thad's ho,e ,odifications but I still cannot do so,,,and NOW you is havin issues too,!!   ...---...---..-......---,,,---, thas morse code for ADMINS PLEASE HELP US,,,~~~ Clap
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:38am
DJ, The picture is showing up fine on my end...
I'll check my little cellphone and see if it's there....
 JOE, youse got problems on your end...
your pics are gettin blocked or something....

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

another thing I picked up at HF, is a "pocket ref" book. that little black book has about everything you used to know to about everthing you may have never heard of! whew! that's gonna be one handy little book! and no Joe...ain't gots room for no phone numbers of extra ladies you might be thunkin about!!
Does that book have a farmers section that says something like, Cornfusious say woman who fly airplane upside down has crack up?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:21pm
If it does now we know why Shameless bought it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic