This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,,,wouldn't you know it,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,,,wouldn't you know it,,,,,,,
    Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:34am
 I think,,,Naw,, I KNOW it,!!!  but ole Shameless likes me too,,,,and,,,,and,,,he proved it last nite,,,,,!!!!! We gots some Christmas SNOW,,,wasn't to awful much bout 2",,,shore is pretty from inside the warm house,,,,WinkWink 
 I started to install the clear plastic covering on all the windows several years ago,,and I'll tell youse Guys,,,it is like nite and day the difference it makes in keeping the heat IN and the cold,,,,OUT,,!!!
 Say,,,I haven't heard a word from my Good Buddy,,ole Michael V up in the northern part of the state,,,they usually get blasted if we get any snow down here.
 Well, I guess it be "inside job" today,,,this old man don't like them cold temps,,,,,,HMMmmm,,,give me a chance to clear off this computor desk,,,,Clap
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:43am
WHAT???? yer happy with the "pretty" i sent you????? WTF???? PfffffT! maybe i needs to send more?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

WHAT???? yer happy with the "pretty" i sent you????? WTF???? PfffffT! maybe i needs to send more?

Shameless,,,don't you gots a calender,,,??  Snow is susspossed to come right before Christmas,,,,Chit,,the way it works around here,,,it be gone in a couple of days and Christmas still be 3 weeks from now,,,,,,Wink
 Now,,,you don't be gettin upset bout anything I might blurt out cause,,,,cause We ain't wantin another Winter Storm GOLIATH,,,Ya hear,,,???Clap
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Shamelesss, me thinks ye sent just enough fur ol Joe...
  And ye might want to be careful there, did ye see his "inside Job" an 'clearin off the desk' ??  Thinks he is gettin ready to make some serious plans  of some kind.... for a 'snow limiter'.  or gettin ready to sharpen his pointers...  LOL

Joe, whad ye have to go reminded Shamers of thet Goliath storm he sent ye a few years ago... You wanten really bad to test out them new winter skins ye put on the winders??? Heard ye went and installed sum of em twice already...   LOL
  juss yo wait till shamers joins forces with ol' man winter and  an an.... it ain't goin ta be purty. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:26pm
Joe, I don't know where your at in NM...  what is the normal temp during Jan- Feb and how much snow would you see in a year ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:41pm
Well Joe, I'm not worried about you, but that thing about Michael kinda worries me......

A now all that terrible wonderful white down in Texas!!!  Sure hope Ken is OK.  You know Shameless, he don't need to be exerting himself,,,,,,,,,,he needs all the strength he can get for fighting, even if it's in remission.  He don't need to be shoveling!!
If you're feeling mischievous, just skip over me and send it up JC's way....Big smile  He just might be puttin the feed bag on too much now that winter has set in and be getting too round about the middle of,,,,,,,,,,,,aw,,,,he might need the exercise...Wink

Joe, you just do what you want for the next couple a days, while that 'wonnerful' melts away...think up some nastiness and sharpen ALL 3 of them sticks....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:54am
Don't worry about Ken and snow, it never snows where he lives, just rains... A LOT!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 5:45am
He over shot us. The weather man was calling for a foot of purdy. There ain’t a loaf of bread nor gallon of milk to be had anywhere around here and we didn’t get so much as a flury.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:04am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Joe, I don't know where your at in NM...  what is the normal temp during Jan- Feb and how much snow would you see in a year ?

Well,,Steve I live in the SE corner of New Mexico bout halfway between Roswell ( where the alien spaceship crashed in 1947) and Carlsbad where the Carlsbad Caverns are located,,,,but Artesia outdoes either city as we are known for 3rd most State Football  Championship titles in the USA. Lemme brag a little,,,,Wink Our oldest Son was the main factor in writing to, calling, and talking to ESPN to come do a "special on Bulldog Bowl" ,,Also, National Geographics Magazine did a 4 page special on Bulldog Bowl, which was and still is one of the premier High School stadiums in the country that is actually mostly below ground, beautiful,,,!! 
 OK,,,Wink (sorry,,couldn't help myself)  average mean temp during our winters is 40°-50° with overnite lows in the 20's. Our average yearly snowfall is ,,,,gulp,,,,,4" ,,, ,,,except that one year when ole Shameless got mad at my AH neighbor for some reason and we went thru " Winter Storm Goliath" which amounted to 28" of snow  that had us plumb snowed in for 4 days. Wishet I'da had my D14 going as the State and County hired every person that had a loader to help clear the roads and driveways,,,,!!! My neighbor told me he worked 12 hours per day for 4 days,,,then went and bought him a new tractor with his profits,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:13am
 Well,,we wound up with 1.5" of snow but it all gone now and it is 34° outside at 6AM,,,,,,Maybe I can get some outside work done today as I get Cabin Fever pretty bad pretty quick,,,!!!Wink
 Yeah, Ted,,I been worried bout ole Michael V,,,he ain't been checkin in like he's susspossed to,,,,Clap.
 Chit,,,he may be on holiday down to Hawwai,,,,,Clap
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:57am
I don't know how it is in New Mexico, but up in these parts right now is the very busy part of the year for cattle haulers. Now with Michael V being a cattle hauler, maybe he is getting a lot of windshield time. Darrel
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:47am
Oh,,I'm still here,, I look in every couple days or so...we didn't even get a flake of pretty,, actually has been kinda pleasant...I heard Lubbock got quite a bit, since that storm decided to run more to the south..
Darrel,haven't been doin much cattle haulin..our fall run is pretty much over..maybe I need to come up there...oops on second thought,,,, I don't like how cold it gets here,, I really wouldn't like it up nort...
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

on second thought,,,, I don't like how cold it gets here,, I really wouldn't like it up nort...

x2
We missed out on snow, went too far south to get us. Predicting highs in the 50s this week.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:30pm
   Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

on second thought,,,, I don't like how cold it gets here,, I really wouldn't like it up nort...

Well,,I SECOND that motion,,,,,,!! 
 For years and years the wife wanted to spend a Christmas with her family,,so,we finally decided to go,,,,, After lots of plannin and a few dreads,,we leave balmy Southern New Mexico and head up to Nort Dakota,,,,CHIT,,,CHIT,,,I never dreamt they could make a day so friggin COLD,,!!! Three days later, When we pulled into the In-laws bout 10PM,,,,,,it,,,,it,,was MINUS 25° below  ZERO with no wind and bout 2 feet of snow on the flat,,,, It sure was pretty but dang was it cold,,!!!  PS,,,that was the only'ist Christmas we spent up there,,,,,,,Clap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Wishet I'da had my D14 going as the State and County hired every person that had a loader to help clear the roads and driveways,,,,!!! My neighbor told me he worked 12 hours per day for 4 days,,,then went and bought him a new tractor with his profits,,,,,
HOLEY MOLEY,,,,,,,,HOW much $$$$ they paying per hour!?!?!  Might be worth my while to put one on a trailer and come help next time!

Good to hear from you Michael!!!  Don't scare us again!!  Shameless we can understand, but you treat YOUR puter nicely.....(poke poke)
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:10pm
when I was hauling horses down to Scottsdale in Feb's, one year I ran a road report from my office before leaving Omaha, said there was 8 ft of snow at Tucumcari NM at that time. by the time we gots down there, it was mostly all melted. don't remember what year that was. but that's ALOT of pretty! one other year we were in a blizzard down there with a big load or horses and equipment. we gots thru, but saw a lot of folks that didn't, they couldn't figger out they had to slow down sum! Michael, glad yer O-K! Darrel...I thinks all them bull racks is driving past my place! lots and lots of them every day/night! Creston,JC, Ted, Steve, Thad,John... sorry I missed you! i'll try again...
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 6:16pm

Oh,,I'm still here,, I look in every couple days or so...we didn't even get a flake of pretty,, actually has been kinda pleasant...I heard Lubbock got quite a bit, since that storm decided to run more to the south..
Darrel,haven't been doin much cattle haulin..our fall run is pretty much over..maybe I need to come up there...oops on second thought,,,, I don't like how cold it gets here,, I really wouldn't like it up nort...

Michael do you pull one of them new 4 axle cattle pots like I been seeing? Them things are some
big’ens . I wonder i you can stand up in one?
I had to clean some when I was a young’en. That staying bent over was rough on a young’ens back.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:08pm

Hope this isn't to big...
Here's the rig,,Thad..I don't have a 'large car',, prolly can't pull one of them big 4 axle rigs...the broken 'porch light's has been fixed, has the diamond AC on the rh side,,..

Ted,,, if I Knowles you was scared..I'd sent ya a message..or called ya... Good to know y'alls worried/thinkin about me
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:51pm
Sure hauled a lots of livestock in one of them back in late 60's and early 70's, just about everything we hauled went to the east coast for slaughter.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 5:22pm

Hope this isn't to big...
Here's the rig,,Thad..I don't have a 'large car',, prolly can't pull one of them big 4 axle rigs...the broken 'porch light's has been fixed, has the diamond AC on the rh side,,..

Ted,,, if I Knowles you was
scared..I'd sent ya a message..or called ya... Good to know y'alls worried/thinkin about me

Man that’s a good lookin truck. Is that a cat on the dash.
I have a very good friend in my motorcycle group with the same last name. Got any kin folk in Indiana?

Edited by Thad in AR. - 10 Dec 2018 at 5:24pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:01pm
Cat on the dash is a stuffed white tiger...the tag that was on it said "big cats are dangerous"..has been there as long as I have owned this rig,,I put it there.. since 1999...and its still in my yard..it's been a good one..1986 pete 359...

No kin in Indiana that I know of...
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:30pm
Dang, that's a sharp rig you got there!
I reckon if we take up a collection, we could have a New Mexican Gleaner L3 at Hutch next year, whaddya say? 
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:42am
Cow Mobilling....Trucking at it's best.
Mike
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:55am
Did the name plate gits broknr drivin by Shameless's place?
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 6:05pm
Naw...Les,, we had a bad hailstorm here couple years ago, and that got it..I gots it fixed now, there is a diamond AC logo on opposite side of the brand

Creston,, I'd prolly take the 7060, don't think I can get the combine and 24 ft header all in one trip....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic