This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,,we knew it was gonna happen,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,,we knew it was gonna happen,,,,,,
    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:29pm

Sad to say,,,even tho we prayed very hard,,,,but we knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, but New Mexico suffered it's first victim of the Covid19,,,and to make it closer to home the gentleman was from Artesia,,,,, Authorities have not, nor will they release the man's name other than to say he was 70 years old and was admitted to the local Hospital with "advanced corona symtoms" LAST week!! Everybody and I mean everybody is in a tizzy about this Chit being HERE,,!! Everybody wants to know WHO it was to see if they had any interactions with him,,,and,,by golly,,I wanna know too,,!!
  When I took my wife to Dialysis today,,I was given a piece of paper with all my wife's pertinant info that would serve as "permission" for us to be on the streets going to and from the Dialysis clinic. The clinic super told me "THAT" was coming very soon from the office of the governor. They would NOT allow me to go into the clinic to help the wife get settled in like before. They greeted us at the door, gave her a mask, took her temp, checked her lungs and then wheeled her into the clinic and told me to go home,,,,!!!
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:36pm
Yep, it’s hitting. Inevitable. We have one in county now. In the unit my wife works in. She’ll be taking care of the patient in a couple days. Dad took mom in for coumadin today. Like checkpoint Charlie.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:05pm
We had our first death in our county today as well.  hitting closer to home.  Makes one a little leery about even going to the store.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:19am

Yep ,,,,a sure enough eye opener for sure,,!!  We always look at the world thru a really small peep hole and that little bitty hole suddenly balloons  to a BIG opening when that Chit like this comes home.
  When a state goes to a "Lockdown Sitiation" ,,wonderin if a person be able to go to store to buy groceries,,?? or is it really Total,,??
  I feel like the authorities should release the person's name,(after next of kin) so others can know if they had any contact with them and proceed accordingly,,,,,?? Whole lots better to address the virus at an early stage instead of going to ER with a full blown case of it,,,,,!!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:07am
Up here 'lockdown' or whatever it's called, still allows you to sell/buy groceries, gas, etc.
The actual list of 'essential services' is quite long and kinda silly. I can buy booze and weed but not get a haircut. HVAC guys can still work, but not landscapers. SOME guv places shutdown... can't get tags for 'new' car or transfers ! THAT 's rediculous, how can the HVAC guy get to work without his new truck ?
They just shutdown all the Conservation Areas ( local parks ), busses are free...
A 53 year old guy  has it, they KNEW he might have it, checked off ALL the boxes for symptoms and MORE they sent him home,week later,he's in a coma.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:09am
Has been found in three of four counties surrounding ours here, One more and undoubtedly will find its way here into ours.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:28am
We have 2 confirmed in our county. High School Basketball Tournament and a Home School Conference was held in Jackson with many from our county attending which officials believe is a possible source of contamination. Thankfully no deaths at this time. I have a new grandson born yesterday I desperately want to see! Grandmother is going Sunday to take care of the Granddaughter and give the other Grandmother a break.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:34am
Klinemar,
 Congratulations! Lots of folks are going to become parents and grandparents and great grandparents about Christmas time! Just sayin!:)
We have several cases of CV in our county and surrounding counties too. Its here and not going away.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm
Congratulations Mark, enjoy them while ye can.

Yup, going to be lots of new ones to take the place of those that get taken by this covid... 

It's in this state too... was 630 confirmed cases and 7 dead last night, but now 640 known and 8 dead today. and the counties are getting colored... and biggest in the state is Milwaukee county at 343 cases.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
Praying for you Joe,that PC powers don't get overly in love with the power they have.

Here it is not that bad. Wink But the overly scared ones are crying they need authorities to come out and punish those not staying 6 feet away. And parks and other public out door places are being closed because of to many people Confused to close. Healthy kids need a place to get out and run around. It is understandable to keep you and your Mrs hold up at home, but young and healthy people need something to do. 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:24pm
The stay at home here in Ohio, the Govenor said you can go for a walk, work in your yard a lot of the resturant have went to carry out so they can stay in business, some grocery stores are have special hours for senior citizen only. All school and colleges are closed and talk of maybe not reopening this school, they are doing online class just like the colleges.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:32pm
I dont know the real NUMBERS, but they make it sound like 90% of the people get it from TOUCHING someone ( handshake) or the cough on you, THEN YOU TOUCH YOUR FACE...

If all that is correct, then we could go to the park, walk around town, work.. just stay 6 ft from everyone, and wash your hands constantly ???
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:08pm
BIL is having bypass surgery tomorrow. His wife can't even enter the hospital. Drop him off at the door and they will call with updates and let her know when she can come get him in about 7 days or so.

I'm high risk so I have not see the grandsons in two weeks and have pretty much kept my butt at home. Thank goodness the weather is improving and can do more stuff outside.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic