This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,that dang ole Joe is up to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,that dang ole Joe is up to
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:52pm
 his scrimpin again,( I kinda like thet new word cause ya'll ain't heard it yets) ,,,,,,WinkWink
 Anyway, I was checkin out the new ads on the Marketplace at 5 AM this mornin and whollly MOLLIE,,,I catch what might be a heck of a bargain if it is legit,,,,,Clap
 Ad is for a 1982 Chevy (ole Shameless is gonna be SSsssooooo proud of me) 1/2 ton long bed ( Love them squarebodies) with a pretty nice Black paint job, chrome wheels, chrome bed rails and a chrome tubular grill. I thought it might be a 3/4 ton as it has the factory 5 amber lights on top of the cab. Engine is a meek 305 with an automatic. Body is as straight as can be and interior is factory "ALL BLACK" and is gonna clean up real nice. What I really like about the trk is the chrome emblems on fenders that say,,,SILVERADO,,Chit Fire,,,,!!!Don't know if those are factory,,I ain't never seen them like that.
  The minus's are,  it gonna need a new steering column as the dude says they tried to steal the trk last week and messed up the key switch,,,chit,,I already gots a complete steering column located,,He's got it n rigged up to start alla chicago boy style,,,,Clap but it won't take ole Joe but a pair of minutes to fix thet chit,,,
 Another minus is the little 305 gots a miss that the dude says been there forever but he ain't looked into it,,,,,,but consider it fixed very soon. He swears the 305 burns less than a 1/2 qt of oil per month.  That right there "MAY" be where the 427 I was gonna put in ole Shameless's jeep winds up,,,YeeeeHaw,,, Get out the way, Boys,,!!
 I'm gonna take my IPhone to the Verizon store see if they can figure out WHY the friggin  phone will not transfer my pics to the PC,,,,,,chit, chit, chit,,,,,,

Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
305’s are notorious cam lobe eaters. That most likely is the miss. Perfect for a 427 but but but I thought I was gonna get to drive ole red with that 427?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:13pm
Thad, ye prolly have to drive ol' Red with what ever Ol' Joe puts in the ol' girl...
  That Silverado would run right smart with a 327 double camel backed engine in it.
 Joe, ye better git's your V'rizen dealer to take the gag and blindfolds off your pic taker/phone so ye can take and share your pics...
or it'll remain like this... Wink  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 6:24pm
  Shoot,,,Thad,,,when you do climb in ole Red and tickle the loud pedal you gonna be quickly introduced to 624 Horse Powers of mean azzed 406 inches of rumpity rump chevrolet,,,,,,ClapClap and,,,,and,,,I KNOW you been playin with hosses like that before with them roundy rounds you used to pilot,,,,,,,,,,,Clap
 When I do get the Red Car on the road, I'm gonna make just one trip down Main Street to the Sonic and back,,, straight out the fenderwells,,,see how many tickets I get,,,,,no racin,,just cruisin,,,,Clap. then I'll prolly give up and sell the engine to this fellar that thinks He just gots to have that engine in his  66 Chevelle,,,,,Money sure talks with them people like that,,!!Clap
 THEN,,I'm gonna be lookin at the 427 pretty close,,,and you'll be the first to know,when it ready for a shakedown,,,,,Clap

Well,,JC,,My 3rd Son is here visiting from Texas and he's pretty sharp on electronics,,SO,,I'm gonna have him look at it and I bet he fixes thet sorry POS,,,
 Thet ole boy in that link of yours is in a world of hurt,,,,ain't he,,,CHIT he's muzzled every way but loose,,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 09 Jul 2019 at 11:27pm
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:04pm
Now,,Joe,, I really been meanin to gets down that way,, an I wants a ride in that lambo-chev,, yea...before that fellow up North has a chance to stink up the back seat...

Yea .... I like them ole square Chevy pickups....buts I gots a ole '74 IHC 4X4 that will beat em all ...lol
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:17pm
Does I hear  one of them "I gots the bestest!" claims startin here?
  Somebody prolly come on here a braggin about their ol' Power Wagon... or their ferd.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:13am
I was wonder'in how many slaps up side yer head it was gonna take!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:34am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I was wonder'in how many slaps up side yer head it was gonna take!

CHIT,,,Shameless,,,I get to where I gots to walk some leanin to the off side,,cause of ALL  them dang "slaps" you real free with,,,,,LOL Chit,,I always been a Chevy man,,,,'cept,, there is also a place in there for  one of them nice lookin Fords,,,,,Clap
 They's a fellar down the road a ways,,that gots one I been tryin to buy from him but he just wants to torment me by playin hard to get,,,,,,,,He's got a mid 70's short bed 4X4 with the race track trim, in a factory Red that is some faded and,,,,and,,,a white hood. It is V8 and auto but I ain't holdin that against him,,,,,,You just watch,,,I'm gonna get that trk some day,,,,,and,,,,and,,I know where there is a big old Lincoln with a 460 that needs a good home,,,,,,Wink
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:03am
Michael 10-4 on the 74 IHC 4X4 beating them all. I have 3 of them 2 complete frame off restortations.
Mike
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by ihc pickups ihc pickups wrote:

Michael 10-4 on the 74 IHC 4X4 beating them all. I have 3 of them 2 complete frame off restortations.

What years? May we see pics. I like the old IH trucks. Always wanted an old Scout slant 4
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:51am
Hah, got ya all beat to hell on who can take the longest to get to the mailbox. Yep a genuine stock 1996 Dodge Caravan 3.0 base unit. Feel sorry for me yet. I miss all the old girls I've had before.  Cry
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
mini sin bin?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
WinkWell chas you leaning or weaving after a tump like that.Ouch There some just mean people out there.Ouch
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:03pm
I had a new 79 Red Dodge Tradesman in 1980 to 84, a much bigger sin bin. Yah ole Shammers does walk with a pointy stick that's for sure.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:45am
I've got a yellow 64 Scout with both tops and the slant 4, bought it two years ago July 15th, still haven't gotten time to try getting it started.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:50am
 Hey John,,,that sounds like a real interestin project,,those are bout like them small Broncos and Suzukis that are so popular with the hill climber crowd,,,,,,Clap
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:14pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:05am
 WOW,,,JC,,,,,,what a "barn Find",,,,right there's the makins of a fine, fine project,,,,but unless it sells worth the money,,,,,,,I've decided I'ma gonna cut way back on any more "projects" if I ever want to finish "Ole Red". Just sittin here thinkin,,I've gots bout 5 more projects than I want or need,,,,,Wink THEN,,to top it off My son's EX FIL talked me into workin on his $75,000 motorhome that  gots electrical problems cause he fancies himself an electrician,,and he can't keep his DANG ineman's pliers in his pocket,,,,!!!  Sigh,,,when am I gonna learn to just say ,,,NO,,!!! Soon,,I hope,,,soon,,,
 How was your day,,??LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic