This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,,he done it,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,,he done it,,,,,,
    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:44pm

Well,,,I thought I could hear something that sounded kinda kin to thet sound we could occaisionally hear when we was racing the chit outa them SBC's back in the day,,,,
  Yep,,it sounded like one of them, SBC's screamin its heart out ,,,,right before you heard thet dreaded knockin sound that told you ,,,,you done took it past the red line on the tach,,,and,,,,and,,,it fixin to start spittin them parts out the side of the block,,,,,
 YEP,,,thas what I was hearing comin from over to the north east of me,,,so,,I look out ans shore enuff,,,it be spittin SNOW out thar,!!!!,,,,and,,,and,,them rods I hear sure sounding like ole Shameless be lookin him for some new innards for his machine,,,,I thinks I mighta done all you fine folks a favor  by gettin thet snow machine be broke down for a while,,,,,,ClapLOL
 Hey Michael,,you gettin some of this snow up thar,,,,??Clap
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 1:06pm
Suppose that's why they are saying freezing rain turning to snow for here tonight
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 1:37pm

ChIT,,,it is really comin down out there,,,,1" on the ground and flyin sideways now,,,,whoooeeeeee,,,them rods on his machine e comin out the side of the block any time now,,,,,LOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:14pm

Well,,I'ma gonna tell ya'll,,,I KNOW ole Shameless really has taken a good solid likin to me ,,,,cause,,,,cause  the latest weather report a few minutes ago,,,is for a "Winter Storm Warning" with accumulations of 5" plus,,,,
 We had to cancel the Wife's appointment this morning in the Alien City for removal of the catherter in her chest,, cause the State Police put out a bulletin just as we was fixin to leave of hazardous snow packed and ICY conditions between here and Roswell,,,,,sheeesh,,,I KNOW he likes me good,,,,!!!

Hey Michael V  you OK up thar,,,???
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:24pm
Yea, Joe, all good here,jus a 'dusting' of snow here. Really cold tho, hasn't got above 25* and cold north wind...and supposed to get really cold tonight

We're stayin inside watchin western movies...started with Silverado, now on to the Young Guns...Lookin at wish books for the 1960 F-600 I got running in the last few days..

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 04 Feb 2020 at 5:25pm
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:30pm
Joe, you're cancelling appointments on account of only five inches of snow.....?
That's just a light dusting up here. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:45pm

OH,,we gots more than just a "dusting" going on down here,,,,,Wink
 Chit,,Darrel,,I know ya'll measure a significant amount in FEET up thar,,,but for us desert redneck boys down here,,,this right here is a significant amount,,,,,ClapClap
 The Grandson came over this afternoon and he played in the snow for at least 3 hours staright,,,!!!! He made 3 snowmen and then demolished em with the little quad I fixed up for him,,,chit he had the snow just a flyin,,,I'm still COLD from thinkin bout it,,,

It's hard to believe that we used to do the same thing back when we was young uns and ,,,,and,,,for hours at a time,,!! Chit,,we wouldn't go home till we just flat run outa things to do,,,never thought bout the freezin hands or feets,,,LOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:58pm

Hey Michael,,,what you gonna do with the F600 you rebuildin,,??
 I been trying to talk this old fellar to sell me a 1962 F600 that gots a small dump bed on it ,,but it only gots a 351M in it . First thing I'd do is poke a 460 in it and go to town.

Also,,My favorite Uncle has told me last week that he is gonna give me his Son's 1990 F350 Crew cab trk as he ain't drove it in several years and is in his way,,,Only'ist thing is the trk only gots a little 302 in it,,Now who in their right mind would order a one ton long bed trk with a 302,,?? I'll bet ole Joe will have a built up 460 in that one as well,,,,,Clap
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:20pm
well, Joe, I'm prolly gonna use it now,,, flipping it is not gonna gain me anything...even tho I only gave $300 for it,, and here's the rest of the story....
so, it was bought at a farm auction in near Broadview NM, I threw a battery in it,,,poured some brake fluid in it and it runs, stops and will go. well,,,,I see that the saddle tank is nearly plum full of gas,,,altho it smelled funny... I thought I skinned a fat hog...well I gets it home,, start fiddiling with it, and seem to jus run worse and worse,, so I let I set awhile, go to start it one day, only hitting on 2 or 3 ,,, come to find out, that gas gummed up the valves,,bent like 7 push rods,,,, so I gots to redo the top side,, but it all good now, that little 292 Y-block runs good now that its got good gas in it,,, and a few other new parts...

it only shows 455XX miles, so sometime it got a new engine,, when I had the heads off,, it sure looked good inside...

a F-350 with a 302,,, had to be ordered that way,, nobody in their right mind gets a 1 ton dually with a little motor...Ermm
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:39pm
I was in Tucson yesterday and the high temp was 44, supposed to get down to 19 last night.  Got home to Colorado about 2 this morning, 0 degrees, -3 by the time I got to bed. got some snow while I gone too.  Supposed to be in the 30's most of the next week, guess I mistimed my trip by a week!
I think Shameless runs the pretty machine with an old 301 from one of his combines.  Maybe that is what you should put in the one ton, Joe.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 3:00pm

Well, John,,thanks for the tip as I do have the makins of a good start of the  149 that originally was in my D14 industrial,,,it would surely be a hell for stout trk with gobs of torque wouldn't it,,,,??Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 11:08pm
still a ferd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic