This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,, I done did it...........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,, I done did it...........
    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 7:58pm
This morning I got up at my normal 04:20, had my coffee, my oatmeal, loaded all my company issued clothing, hard hat, H2S detector, and all my assigned company property, showed up at the yard, carried all the stuff into the office, (3 trips in the rain) and resigned.
First time in my life i quit a job without having another one to go to.
Hours of service
driver facing camera's
mandatory 30 min break
auto shift transmission
lane deviation alarms
using personal cell phone for company business
constantly apoligizing to customers on behalf of dispatchers

my lovely bride, and I talked about over the last few weeks, we purchased a short term health insurance policy that takes effect today, so, it was good bye pain-in-the-ass job.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:04pm
If it isn’t working for you moving on is the best option. I’m actually quite happy for you.
I’m job hunting as we speak. I’m also in need of a change.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
Better to leave a job rather than let it tear you down. There are a lot of good employers out there that are looking for good employees so you shouldn't be unemployed for long.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:14pm

Back when the company I worked for,, for 33 years announced  they were going to do a "reorganization".  They offered a good early retirement package to 51 employees and after much soul searching, I decided to take the package cause I could see the handwriting on the wall. I knew from other companies doing the same thing, that conditions were fixing to change and the changes would NOT be in the favor of the employees, so I signed up to take the package. The CEO sent word that my job was NOT one that was going to be "reorganized" but there was no written guarantee. My immediate supervisor was a crook and stole the company blind and I always kept quiet about all the chit he got away with.. The "word" was that he was not going to take the package,,,so I knew,,,ole Joe could NOT work under him any more,, so,,decision was made for me.
 That is a feeling that makes one wonder if you made the right decision in moving on,,,but having to working under a total AH was not in my future plans. After it was all said and done,,, it turned out,,,,his position was "reorganized" and his duties,,,if he had any,, were distributed among the Engineering dept. My position,??? They hired one new employee and moved up another employee to assist him.!!!!! Had I been doing my job all those years and then some,,?? I like to think I gave the company more productivity than they paid me for,,,so I had no qualms about "moving on",,,,
 I was then able to quit smoking, quit drinking and I'm sure my heart likes me better,,,,ClapClap
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
I don't know how you took it so long. Sounds like you really needed to move on. With the reorganization I'm quite it would have required a pay cut. (That went in the chiefs pocket.) Take a nap under the shade tree and you'll never want to go back to that kind of life again. Leon
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:28pm
yep...if yer not happy, then gits out! less ulcers that way. I made a move years ago that I wasn't sure of, but it turned out great! congrats. uh...you wants me and ole Joe to help ya look fer another one?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:56pm
I did the same thing. My partner wanted out of the tire business, he was 10 years older than me. My back was really starting to bother me so we sold the business to 2 guys that knew nothing about the tire business. I had every car dealership, mechanic shop, parts dealership in town buying tires from us. I agreed to keep on running it for them. After the third year they owned it, they came in and started telling me how to run the business and I had to change the way I sold tires to the car dealerships etc in town. I had paid for the place 3 times in the years I was there.   Thought I knew how to manage the place. The owner of 1 of the car dealerships kept asking me to go to work for him. One day he came down and told me he was going to need an office manager. I told him I was going to give the 2 owners 60 days notice. Would be starting to work for him Feb 4th. Yes I took a pay cut. But a 4.5 day work week instead of 7 day work week. 9-5 instead of 7 to midnight. Made it worth it.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:20am
WAY to GO Lars.  You'll never regret it and you and the Mrs will be happier and healthier for it.  When a job gets to be nothing but work, it's time to move on.
Like Hubert says, there are a lot of GOOD employers out there looking for help, so you'll have some choices to look at.  Put it all in the hands of the Good Lord and He'll take care of you.  You've already taken one big step forward.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:16am
When you close one door, another one often opens and usually for the better!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:58am
Way to go Lars!  And best of luck to ya'
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:38am
Sometime you have take a little chance. I have been lucky to farm on my own so never had a boss. But then again every land owner I rented from was a boss. As well as a little projects mostly using my equipment. For my mental heath,that effects your fiscal heath more than we know I have had to walk away from some "opportunities"..

So as Ted put it, turn it over to the Lord. I have had it looking real poor on the money end,and the Lord pulls something out and I am still going. I still don't know what happened when I devoted time to my parent in there last years,and the bank got payed off and I never had to go back. Just that the Lord provides.

I will be praying the Lord opens your eyes to the opportunities that surround you and find something that is kind of fun so you look forward to going to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic