This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD-9 Loader cylinders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD-9 Loader cylinders
    Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 6:18pm
Where can i get a rebuild kit for the cylinders,I take it you have to unscrew the top part of the cylinder to rebuild it, the top four bolts are just for packing adjustment, tips on getting the top to break lose THANKS Tom
Sponsored Links

Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 6:49pm
I clamped it in a vise and used a big ass pipe wrench.  They came off with minimal fuss.
I just went to a local hydraulic repair shop and got packings. 
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 7:35pm

Have been told that the AC part number is 72000650.  My notes say 4 per cylinder, but I think it's just 2.  Here is a link to a set of pictures from a fellow member when he did his.  Hope he doesn't mind.

http://s577.photobucket.com/home/dannyraddatz/recentuploads
AaronSEIA
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 7:47pm
If you have any travel left in the packing adjustment, use it. The packings need to weep a little oil to keep themselves lubricated. The only thing there is to rebuild in these cylinders is the bronze bushing behind the packing and the packing itself. The bushings wear with time and let the rod float more which is hard on the packing. Chevron packings are available from places like Motion Industries or from your local hydraulic shop. Packings won't last if your rods are pitted or galled up.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 13 Nov 2010 at 7:52pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:55am
Hi, One of my rods has some pitting on it.  It is not very deep, but you can sure see it.  What is the best way to get rid of it?  How can it be done?  Also, I tried to use the bucket the other day and it wouldn't lift about 4 5 gallon pails full of wet black dirt.  Is it the pistons which leak pretty good, or does the main hydralic pump need repair or just adjustment.  I had trouble lifting a disc harrow earlier this month.  I just got all of this, the tractor (WD45), a 9 foot disc harrow, a 14 3-bottom plow and a back blade and I don't know much about the pump etc.  Thanks for any help.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:45pm
There are no pistons to leak in that cylinder. It is a displacement type cylinder which only pushes the rod out. If it won't lift and oil is not spewing out of the packing gland, you have a problem with your pump or unloader spool. There is only one way I know of to get rid of pitting in a cylinder rod and that is to replace the rod. I have made new rods for several different cylinders, never one for the loader. Where I used to work we kept different sizes of chromed round stock on the shelf. You just had to cut off a chunk and do the machine work necessary to replace the original rod. Charlie

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 14 Nov 2010 at 4:49pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:51pm
I have a very good friend told me to use the AC packing when I rebuilt my cylinders, it is due to the use of cloth in the cylinder packing. If can get AC packing use it and mine used 4 per cylinder.
Good Luck,
Danny

Edited by dannyraddatz - 14 Nov 2010 at 4:56pm
Danny Raddatz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic