This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 226 ENGINE modified

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 12:29pm
I am in tn .read the above posts thouroughly there is a thin wall sleeve manufactured that will fit with a 4 7/8 bore od is like 5.0535. I am not going to argue that 25 cubic incbes is enough to be concerned with but when your 90 to a 130 cubic incbes shy you better go to the cubic inch store and pick up a few.

Edited by mlpankey - 09 Mar 2013 at 12:48pm
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 1:42pm
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

LOL, this proves you really are one genius hillbilly. Way to edit that picture and cut off the vital part.   

Now we know why Spunky's engines run for five pulls. He uses a stanley tape measure to build engines.   

Good one spunk. Clap
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 2:25pm

never claimed to be a photographer just a engine builder . when i go back to shop i will try to take a better photo . its tough to do by myshelf i thought that might do but once you send it from phone to computer from computer to photobucket from photobucket to forum it just doesnt do much justice.

Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 2:50pm
Always works fine for me doing it that way. Pictured looks just like it did when I take it.....
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:11pm
[QUOTE=Carl(NWWI)] Always works fine for me doing it that way. Pictured looks just like it did when I take it.....[/QUOTE my phone tells me the picture is to big and ask if i wang it to automatically resize it to send so i do and thats the results

Edited by mlpankey - 09 Mar 2013 at 3:13pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:16pm
Anyway its bigger than any picture from wi unstylish or od oh wait. I have never seen a picture from rod illinoisnazi tucker or butchy.

Edited by mlpankey - 09 Mar 2013 at 3:18pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 6:23pm
First pankey's building an engine, then freshning one up.  Then someone elses engine. 

Who in their right mind would let him touch more than a rock?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

First pankey's building an engine, then freshning one up.  Then someone elses engine. 

Who in their right mind would let him touch more than a rock?
huh whose engine is it? i dont recall saying.
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 8:55pm
Just once i would like to read a post where spankey doesn't fill it full of crap! He never claimed to be a photographer, and no one has ever accused him of being an engine builder either... I can't help but wonder if spankey uses a die grinder and a carbid cutter to bore his engines, since he uses tape measures to check the bores with... LOL
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:00am
Yet another farmall man on a allis forum. They say a pictures worth 1000 words and that seeing is believing but some just cant accept the truth.

Edited by mlpankey - 10 Mar 2013 at 8:03am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by cms cms wrote:

4 3/4 is doable anything over that  the sleeves are very thin. anything can put in. 4 7/8 plus a good size wall thickness is no room. Some guys dream big bore but if it does run its a dream . dons engine is 440 + .
Dan 4 7//8 sleeve is 5.061 od deck is 21 inches so if you know to move number one toward the front and number four to the rear a and how much to move all of the cylinders away from the cam. Know how to open the cylinder head bolt holes up to 5/8 you can reloctae the 1/2 sthds in the remaining .600 of deck

Edited by mlpankey - 10 Mar 2013 at 8:37am
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:40am

Originally posted by cms cms wrote:

4 3/4 is doable anything over that  the sleeves are very thin. anything can put in. 4 7/8 plus a good size wall thickness is no room. Some guys dream big bore but if it does run its a dream . dons engine is 440 + .
Dan 4 7//8 sleeve is 5.061 od deck is 21 inches so if you know to move number one toward the front and number four to the rear a and how much to move all of the cylinders away from the cam. Know how to open the cylinder head bolt holes up to 5/8 you can reloctae the 1/2 sthds in the remaining .600 of deck

We have seen your engine building math play out before. Last time you were moving the crankshaft lower in the block, and forgetting about gear alignment. Now you're moving cylinders. What next??
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:24am

Yet another farmall man on a allis forum. They say a pictures worth 1000 words and that seeing is believing but some just cant accept the truth.

Yes i am a Farmall man, and Allis also. You see Spanky the name SuperM has nothing to do with a tractor..... My friends call me that because i can work on almost anything that is put in front of me.. The "M" stands for mechanic Spanky. So by assuming what the "M" stood for you made an A$$ out of yourself. As for the picture you claim is worth a thousand words, all i see is a nasty looking chunk of iron with a tape measure that can not be fully read. Spanky, you wouldn't make a pimple on a good mechanic/machinist hind end! All you do is trash every sensible post put on here with ramblings and utter ignorance. You have 2 ears and only 1 mouth Spanky, therefore you should listen twice as much as you talk....

Edited by SuperM74 - 10 Mar 2013 at 10:27am
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:54am
ignore him we all know hes wrong 
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
Dan told you one was possible at 4 3/4 bore his brother Don purchased one from Ronnie shipman. Shipman over the years has done more of them so its not like his was the only one to learn from
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 10:43am
the guy asked one simple that i was interested in and realey did not get and answer
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:09am

Anyway its bigger than any picture from wi unstylish or od oh wait. I have never seen a picture from rod illinoisnazi tucker or butchy.

I have posted all kinds of pictures. I also said I am NOT an engine builder and have never played one on a tractor forum. Shocked I do know some machining. Your tape measure is a good on Mitch Big smile
Here is a clip of me Mitch. I'm cleaning up a crankshaft on the Poreba lathe.
http://s26.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bluegrallis/media/clips%20from%20work/DSCN0935.mp4.html?sort=2&o=8

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:16am
I use Micrometers to measure bores and journals. Tape measure is for the cut off saw LOL
 Here is the start of a new crankshaft for a punch press using a solid chunk of 4140. This press is still in operation more than 5 years after I made a new crank and new main and rod bearings Wink You can see in the first clip why I made a new crank.

http://s26.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bluegrallis/media/clips%20from%20work/slides002.mp4.html

http://s26.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bluegrallis/media/clips%20from%20work/slides.mp4.html

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 17 Mar 2013 at 11:18am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:40am
tuck that's neat 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic