This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD Hyd Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad W Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD Hyd Pump
    Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 12:06pm
Latley on my WD the hyd pump for the 3 pt. chatters like its running and / or pumping. I raise the arms they lift like they should but I hear the pump continue to run. If I move the arm to adjust the level of the 3 pt. down approx 1/3 of the way it will stop making the noise. It's not a defening noise but noticable over the running of the tractor. The pump was rebuilt about 5 years ago at a dealership and the tractor is not used as much as on a farm but i do use it. I have no other issue with the 3pt going up or down. It seems to work alright. Any ideas???????????
Brad W Wi
Sponsored Links

skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 12:17pm

The hold postion of the lever is about 1/3 of the way down on the quadrant, above that and the pump may run, it shouldnt, but may.  below that and it should start to lower the lift arms.  the pump should stop pumping when the pressure reaches the relief valve setting-this is called unloading the pump.  Check the oil level first Brad, if the pump is full of oil then it may be the pump is still running in the hold position., the unloading valve may be sticking.  Sometimes you have to adust the length of the rod going down to the the lever on the lower side of the pump.   Ususally when the pump doesnt unload the lift arms go all the way to the top and wont come down until the engine is shut off.  HTH

CDinMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDinMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 3:54pm
I was having a similar problem (clicking in the hyd. pump) now, my loader is up in the air & won't come down! Any advice? Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic