This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wd hand clutch dilema

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kniesshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wd hand clutch dilema
    Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
How do you completely take the hand clutch out? What i mean is what parts or what do i need to accomplish this? Anybody do this?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:33pm
If you find yourself a used PTO top gear (the hand clutch bolts to it) on the clutch shaft, that is the only part you need  besides four 7/16" Gr8 bolts and lock nuts. The used gear can even have the teeth worn out or missing. Split the tractor and remove the hand clutch and install this gear back to back to the existing gear and connect with the four bolts/nuts. You'll need to do a little grinding on each gear to remove a lip so they fit flat, but that's it. I'm sure there is a splined coupler that would also work, but this way you know for sure that while it's split, you have the parts to make the repair.
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 8:30pm
Phil Brown made mine. I found a couple of pics for it. He used parts of the hand clutch and center from a truck 10 spline disk. Phil should make and market these. Very strong and light. 
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 8:32pm
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:14am
its 10 spline 1 1/4 u canbuy a coupler at a hyd supplier or i got one out of wc trans output shaft
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:08am
OK I looked on E bay, there are several 10 spline 1 1/4 couplers. Grainger lists one , it gives dimensions, its 3.25" long. Is this long enough? How long does it need to be? How do you keep it on; drill a hole in the center of the coupler and drive a roll pin through to keep it from sliding?
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:23am
that should be long enuf id drill and tap it and put a allen head jam screw in it to lock it on the shaft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic