This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD double acting valve added

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD double acting valve added
    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:29pm
does anybody have a picture of there plumbing for an added valve to work a double acting cylinder on a WD or WD45.

thanks Dan 
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Sponsored Links

wide View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 11:34pm
I was hoping someone would reply to this.
Sooo bump.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:43am
Not double acting, but I added a selector valve, because we had a manure loader on our WD.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 9:17am
What do you want a double acting cylinder for? If you want to keep all the original functions of the WD hydraulics, you will have to start with a couple ways to divert the hydraulic pressure. The lift arms are controlled at 2 different points, so the cultivator can have a delayed lift on back. You will lose this ability if you go the easy route.
 1. remove all connections to the factory valve.

Plug 2 of the ports, and connect a supply line to a diverter valve from the left front port.
Hydraulic Selector Valve Model VS2 | Cross
From one outlet of the diverter valve, connect both lift arm cylinders and the single remote outlet.
 The other outlet of the diverter will be plumbed to the input side of a 2 way hydraulic valve.
Directional Control Valve
The two outlets for the 2 way valve need your quick couples added and the return  from the 2 way, needs to go back to your hydraulic reservoir one way or another.
 Most 2 way valves will have an internal relief valve, so you output pressure from the 2 way will be limited to whatever that is set at.
 You also need an open center valve for the 2 way add on. When the diveter is routed to the new valve, put the original hydraulic control lever UP and leave it. It will bypass to the reservoir until you operate the valve.
 When the diverter is switched back to the lift arms  and remote connection, use it as normal. Keeping the lever down when nothing is in use, would be a good idea.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 11 Apr 2020 at 9:24am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 2:33pm
On mine, I want to get rid of ALL of the original valving and install STANDARD hydraulics on them. ---- need to know how. ---- ( trading for green tractor not an option). thanks.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 3:42pm
Put on an engine driven pump add a resevior put your controls where you want them and hook it up. You can have anything you want once you arnt using the hyd pressure low volume Allis Chalmers setup. You could just leave the Alice setup alone. My dad put the hyd tank on the upright for the left loader mount. That way it was always downhill to the pump. I have no pictures it was more than 40 years ago. Cobbling the AC system to operate other standard equipment always leads to unsatisfactory performance.
TOM (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 4:14pm
Dan, here is a old link to a web page that show how to add full hydraulics to a WD45. No sure who published it but I used it to convert my WD45 to operate my loader cylinders, double acting cylinder for the bucket and lift arms. I lost the rear outlet for using a remote ram, but one could put on an addition valve if you need a remote outlet.

www.grm.net/-crzylady/tractor/tractor.htm

Here are a couple of pictures of my tractor and loader conversion I did in 2007.

Good luck with your project, Tom
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

On mine, I want to get rid of ALL of the original valving and install STANDARD hydraulics on them. ---- need to know how. ---- ( trading for green tractor not an option). thanks.

Leave the original stuff just like it is, just don't us it.
 Find the pump you want, mount it on the front of the tractor, driven off the crankshaft, add a reservoir and whatever valve you want and plumb it up.
 You will have 2 way, live hydraulics.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic