This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wc to 12 volt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etcv97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wc to 12 volt
    Posted: 24 May 2016 at 9:56pm
I have a 1945 wc and I'm wanting to switch it to 12 volt the ignition has been done before I got it but not sure of the generator, it has no markings on it or the regulator saying what it is. I was wanting to know if most gleaner combines were 12 volt as I have several motors in the shed I could rob a Gen from. Thanks for any help.
1958 D17, got a lot more just need to find out what years they are.
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 5:16am
We offer a complete wiring system for your WC if interested. Also, with your Generators, if the one on the Tractor doesn't have an ID tag on it, if you have a local rebuilder, take it there to have them test it and see what its output is. If the Combines are 12V, check to see if there's a tag on one of those Generators. In most cases, a Delco 12V Gennie will either have a ID tag saying its 12V, or have "12V" stamped in its case or both. Drop by our website and check out what we have to offer. I build 12V Gennie systems also. HTH
Steve@B&B
bb-customcircuits.com
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
etcv97 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etcv97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 11:10pm
Thanks I'll have a look sometime. Not sure if I was going to rewire the while thing or not yet.
1958 D17, got a lot more just need to find out what years they are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic