This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC rear gears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC rear gears
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 12:28pm
Can anyone post the tooth count for the reg wc rear gears and a high crop or rc rear gear rear end. Also I've heard of using a rc rear end gears but the is one less bearing. Has anyone ever added the extra bearing ? Is there any external way to id the slower rear ends. and since I may have to go threw a rear end how about the war time ones? Are they really any lighter? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links

farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 7:31pm
wc - 7:32
rc, wc high crop 5:33

wd - 12:43
wd45 13:43
wd45d 9:35
d17 9:35
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 7:32pm
sorry thought you wanted the gear ratios
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 7:49pm
7 teeth and 32 teeth =4.57:1.  5 teeth and 33 teeth=6.6:1. Those are from the parts book for the WC, I don't have anything on the RC.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 1:42pm
The WC Hi-Crop and RC gears are both 5 teeth on the pinion gear and 44 teeth on the ring gear. Hi-Crop rear ends have 5X44 stamped right next to the seat mounting pad on top of the rearend housing. Also most Hi-Crop rear ends will have brake cover castings with no ears to allow for fender mounting. Kip 

Edited by Kip-Utah - 29 Oct 2012 at 11:18pm
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 5:01pm
That is a huge difference in ratio then, going from 4.57:1 or 6.6:1 to 8.8:1.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 8:20pm
I have a rear end from a speed patrol in mine and it is a 7.2 ratio....now maybe if someone can tell me different, i will listen.  we checked them out before doing work.  Figured the WC 4.50, high crop OR Picker rear gear option at a 6.6 and the patrol at a 7.2.  I know that 2nd gear is still a bit slower than the old 1st gear, and first gear is great in the 5500/6500 classes.  Pulls real good.  I run 15.5/38's cut and uncut on it
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 8:27pm
Interesting, do you remember what the tooth count was in the Patrol rearend? Wonder if they were all the same?
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 5:17am
No, I dont remember tooth counts.  If I ever have it apart, I'll check
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:41pm
The pinion shaft in the WC hi-crop rear end has the support bearing on the end of the pinion shaft, on the RC, they were left rough with no bearing used, other than this, the gears are the same. On every rear end I've used these gears in, I've ground the end of the pinion shaft to accept the bearing, this is pretty critical if you are interested in eliminating deflection and subsequent breakage and it's an easy retrofit that can be accomplished by any competent machine shop.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic