This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump Part Number for D17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coljus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump Part Number for D17
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 4:07pm
All,
I'm trying to find the water pump part number for my D17. Actually, I'm not even sure it's a D17 but that seems to be the consensus on here so I'm trusting yalls knowledge.
I looked it up on-line and I've found water pumps for all models BUT the D17. When looking at a pic of it (with the water pump in hand), it looks like the same one you'd put on the D14 and D15. Is this true? Or, is the D17 water pump unique?

I have another question; I pulled out the radiator and it looks to me like it's the original. I flushed it out (after it was off the tractor) and a good bit of rusty water and other sediment came out... but a buddy of mine thinks that I should have it's cores cleaned out. If it was working fine and the problem I had with over-heating is tied to a bad water pump, is there any reason to have the radiator serviced? If yes,
Also, next to the cap there is what looks like copper tubing (I can't tell because it's painted) exiting the radiator about an inch belowq the actual cap. When removing the radiator, I snapped this line right at the entry point (entry to the radiator). This appears to be a relief valve or run-off line. It simply runs down the side of the radiator and if there was fluid in it, it would go straight to the ground.
Now the tricky question I have for you is regarding this little plastic/rubber nipple (sorry, couldn't think of a better way to describe it) that seemingly plugs into this copper line. The nipple piece plugs into the copper line inside the next of the radiator. So I have 2 questions; can I repair the copper line by soldering it, or using some type of heat tolerant adhesive, or do I need to replace it? Again, it's very small in diameter and runs the length of the radiator, so it's maybe 2 feet long.
Do I need to worry about this nipple type plug? If I need to replace it, do you have any recommendation on what might for (silicone, rubber, etc...a household remedy)? 

I have pics but I cannot load them on here (they are just barely over the 1Mb limit). If someone that may knbow the answer would prefer I email pics, please let me know and I'll post my home email address.

THANK YOU in advance for your time...
Paul 
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 6:37pm
Sounds like you broke the overflow tube off at the neck of the radiator. A little acid core solder and you can probably reattach it. If there is a bunch of dirt/rust in the radiator, now is the time to have it cleaned.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 11:13pm
If the rad has been flushed until all of the water coming out is clear, it should be good for use.  Brian already explained the overflow tube.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 11:22pm
The part number for your complete water pump assembly is 79003710.
paulinkansas View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulinkansas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:48am
I snapped my breather line too, in the same spot.  A few weeks ago the engine started running hot and steam came out that hole.  It ran hot because the water pump belt broke.  When my D17 is running normally, the temp on the gauge never goes above 190.  So I don't worry about that broken overflow line.
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:56am
Pour a gallon of water in the top of the radiator.  See how long it takes to completely run through and out the bottom.  Then you decide if the radiator needs cleaning.
Coljus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coljus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:11am
Thanks for all the replies/info.
I ran water through the rad for a good 15-20 mins until NO rust colored water was coming out.

Starting to wonder if my tractor is a D19 based on raised letters/numbers I uncovered when cleaning it; L19G. I'm assuming this means its a D19 Gas, correct?
Coljus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coljus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:13am
Meant to slip this into my last post and prematurely hit send.
If this is a D19, does anyone know the water pump part number? I really appreciate "DSeries4" for replying with the part number if it's a D17.
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:24am
Coljus - if your tractor is a D19 it will have a 6 cylinder engine, regardless if it's gas or diesel.  The diesel will also be a turbo engine.  D17's had 4 cylinder gas engines and 6 cylinder non-turbo diesels.  Can you post a picture of the whole tractor?

You can look up part numbers on-line at AGCO.  You must use Internet Explorer as your browser, Firefox won't work.   Here is the link:

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/EpsilonWeb/login.aspx

On the right side under "Guest user", click on the View Books button. 

On the next screen you progressively hit "AGCO Allis", "Parts Books", "Tractors", "* Allis-Chalmers" to get to the list of parts books for Allis tractors.  You can then look up parts diagrams and parts numbers for both D17 and D19 tractors.  The parts books may help you figure out what you have.  HTH.  Mike

1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:28am
I should also add that vendors on this site like Tony's Tractors sell both D17 & D19 water pumps.  See this link:

http:///www.tonystractors.com/accool.html
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic