This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

watch your prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: watch your prices
    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 2:30am
sometimes when i cook up things that are a bit messy, we'll use paper plates from the grill to the table. i have been re-stocking the cupboards for summer cooking and found that i was about out of paper plates. i usually like the heavy ones (Chinet) brand, but also use Dixie plates. anyways...i picked up a bundle of Dixie plates for $2.96 for 20. but....for $3.00 more i could get a bundle of 25 plates! making the price of $5.96 for 5 more plates. whew! and have ya'll noticed the prices of olive oil now? so far canola oil is alot cheaper! i use the canola oil after cooking, helps keep the grill seasoned ! 
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 5:38am
sigh... QUIT buying paperplates !! arrgh..waste of money...Buy(if you have to) some PLASTIC 12" plates. They're a LOT stronger, won't fold up and drop food, and easy to wash  !! Same with water cooler glasses, use PLASTIC ones. Go ahead, drop a glass glass in YOUR garage while sporting bare feet and see WHY I use plastic now,,
As for the money you'll save...please do NOT buy more fuel for your 'machine with it !!!!

Canola USED to be called Rape seed, at least up here, until someone 'didn't like the name'.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 5:53am
We very seldom use paper plates, there’s a reason we bought a dishwasher.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:21am
re: dishwasher

we have one, ALWAYS use the 'glass/express' mode, past 20 years....FULL racks always come out clean...in 20+- minutes ,saves a gallons of water and hydro and sanity..
well 2 out of 3.....

when we bought it ,silly me, THOUGHT I could press 'glass/express' and 'heated dry', which would be IDEAL for canning season....dang 'computer' won't allow that to happen...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:34am
CANadian Oil Low Acid.  It is derived from the Rape plant (which really, who the hell named a plant that and why?), but it is not the same.

Edited by Tbone95 - 26 Mar 2021 at 6:35am
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

CANadian Oil Low Acid.  It is derived from the Rape plant (which really, who the hell named a plant that and why?), but it is not the same.

That was a good question Tbone, so I looked and found this:

The word "rape" to describe the cruciferous vegetable in English comes ultimately from Latin via the Romance languages, from rapa ("turnip"). The word "rape" to describe a sexual assault comes from a different Latin root, rapere ("to seize or carry off").

Edited by Kansas99 - 26 Mar 2021 at 6:56am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:57am
One thing about language, it almost always helps to know Latin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic