This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wasps
    Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:50pm
The dang things have been so numerous here this year. At least 7 of them in my old NH round baler. I have spent gobs of money on the foaming wasp spray. Now I gotta spend more, my wood shed is full of their dang nests.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 10:06pm
they dont like a cup of laundry soap in a couple gallons of water, shot thru a weed sprayer , either .... Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 4:55am
That does work REALLY WELL Steve, been using that as works and cheap!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 5:23am
Thanks for the tip Steve.
Allis Chalmers always made a red wasp hatch in their tool boxes on tractors.
I started my WD45 a couple weeks back. They shot out that hole like Roman candles.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 8:43am
Does the soap and water kill them or just make them mad enough to leave. What about hornets? Seems like there is always a small nest of those in one of the machinery sheds every year. Always knock the nest down in the winter but seems to magically appear again the next summer.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 9:17am
Internet------- The soap will clog their spiracles, the pores that they breathe through, and will kill them almost immediately.

Yes, you can kill wasps with dish soap. The soapy water can also kill bees and hornets. Dish soap works because it helps the water get through the exoskeleton of the wasp, which can then drown the stinging pest. This method can be particularly useful when you find a loan wasp who wandered into your home.

When approaching a wasp nest with any killing method, it’s important to take the right precautions, like wearing protective gear and working after dusk when wasps are less active. To use dish soap to kill an entire wasp nest, we recommend using a hose-end sprayer so you can use a strong stream of water.

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 Aug 2022 at 9:19am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 9:58am

Brake or carb cleaner knock them down instantly.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 12:51pm
Try using a  foam cannon, should work ...

Edited by dee_veloper - 26 Aug 2022 at 12:54pm
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:16pm
10-4 on the Brakekleen!  I'm deadly at 3 ft with the straw! Kills anything that craws or flys.  Been killin' those Lantern flys quite a bit this year. One direct hit with the Brakekleen on them things and they're done! Could get kinda expensive though using that stuff....LOL!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:02am
soapy water kills them Democrats too! (the bug)
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:33am
Tried the soap water on a large wasp nest and it worked great. Suckers dropped fast.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 9:19pm
Pressure washer and soap mix. Vaporize and annihilate sends a signal to their brethren.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 10:34pm
  HMMmm,,thats good news to learn,,I have been using brake cleaner or carb/injector cleaner from Walmart and like that Dude from Joisey says,,it gets pretty expensive pretty quick,,,!!  BUT,,I like to shoot em in the air for effect. If you catch one in the spray zone, they will skedadle pretty quick and will go back to nest and tell the rest of them dudes in the nest to "Don't go to ole Joe's Garage",,,cause,,,,cause,,,he got some killer chit,,,,,,WinkClap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 6:04am
A sketchy dude was passing through here a couple years back.
He went to the country store near here. He waited til there were no customers and told the little lady that runs the place to give him the money in the cash register. She pulled a can of wasp spray and shot him in the face. When the cops arrived she was holding him down threatening to spray again.
They say he was begging to get in that cop car. He’s lucky that’s all she pulled.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 5:59pm

Good one Thad,,,!!! I'm bettin that dude never stepped foot in that store again,,,,,LOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 8:27pm

Gots a little story bout them Hornets,,,,,
 Me being a high desert fellar, I did not know what a hornet was,,,til we went to go visit the in laws in Nort Dakota,,,, The In laws TV antenna was off kilter, so I offered to go up and try to move the antenna as the electric thingie had froze up. My wife's little Brother went with me and we were yanking and yankin on the pole and did not notice the nest of HORNETS  in the controller box and one of them hit me square in the back,,,CHIT,,I thought the friggin neighbor had shot me!! I fell to me knees and just happened to see the BIL bail off the roof as they were sfter him too. Well, I bailed off the roof too, never mind the ladder!! That sting got inflamed , they had to take me to ER as it had swelled up pretty good and it HURT like a SOB,,!! The Doc put some stuff on the sting and sent me home,,,, Bout midnite it hurt so friggin bad  I had to go back to ER and they gave me a shot as I had a bad reaction to the sting. Bout 2 days later the sting area had absessed to a hole bout 1/2" round and 1/8" deep and drained for bout a week. After I felt better, I went up there after dark with two BIG cans of WD40 and I got every one of them Buggers,,,,,,Clap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 8:45pm
Round here, we gets a lot more Yellow jackets than hornets.  Today as I was mowin a lawn, I noticed a big YJ nest in the ground, at the base of a chimney.  You can bet, I skipped that spot when trimming!  Called the customer, and told him to get a can of spray, as mine in the truck was full, but the nozzle had busted off. Ain't that always the luck!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 4:38am
On Yellow Jackets or ground hornets, buddy of mine would take a old stocking cap or any kind of open weave cloth and bag up a load of Sevin. Do a drive by bombing of the nest opening and then come back next day. If were not dead would be leaving for other ‘Digs’!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 6:32am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Gots a little story bout them Hornets,,,,,
 Me being a high desert fellar, I did not know what a hornet was,,,til we went to go visit the in laws in Nort Dakota,,,, The In laws TV antenna was off kilter, so I offered to go up and try to move the antenna as the electric thingie had froze up. My wife's little Brother went with me and we were yanking and yankin on the pole and did not notice the nest of HORNETS  in the controller box and one of them hit me square in the back,,,CHIT,,I thought the friggin neighbor had shot me!! I fell to me knees and just happened to see the BIL bail off the roof as they were sfter him too. Well, I bailed off the roof too, never mind the ladder!! That sting got inflamed , they had to take me to ER as it had swelled up pretty good and it HURT like a SOB,,!! The Doc put some stuff on the sting and sent me home,,,, Bout midnite it hurt so friggin bad  I had to go back to ER and they gave me a shot as I had a bad reaction to the sting. Bout 2 days later the sting area had absessed to a hole bout 1/2" round and 1/8" deep and drained for bout a week. After I felt better, I went up there after dark with two BIG cans of WD40 and I got every one of them Buggers,,,,,,Clap
OK, but did you get the TV tuned in???LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:24am
  LOL,,,yeah, TBone,,that right there is the funniest part,,,,right bout the time I was bailing off the roof,,,,I believe I heard my FIL yelling out the window,,," RIGHT THERE,,,RIGHT THERE,,,!!DON'T MOVE IT NO MORE!!!"  The things a man does to keep a little Harmony in sight,,,,,LOLLOL
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:29am
...And the Horse flys this year.  Lawd have mercy, never seen so many.  Left the truck door open and the inside looked like a scene from Amityville Horror when I hopped in!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 10:58am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

LOL,,,yeah, TBone,,that right there is the funniest part,,,,right bout the time I was bailing off the roof,,,,I believe I heard my FIL yelling out the window,,," RIGHT THERE,,,RIGHT THERE,,,!!DON'T MOVE IT NO MORE!!!"  The things a man does to keep a little Harmony in sight,,,,,LOLLOL
Thumbs UpLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic