This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Was going to clear drive - BUT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was going to clear drive - BUT
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:37pm
Was just getting ready to go out and clear drivewith the skid loader as it has been clear since this AM - NOW its snowing again and they are talking 2 to 4" more snow . 
 Wind along with it and snow is coming from the north and like 90 Deg to the ground.
Suppose i should clean up some of it today while it is light out . 
  Just got a call that I don't need to drive tomorrow - canceled the sewer job as city needs to plow streets so their laborers and crews will be busy on that . 
 Here my mad rush out last night to get something for lunch tomorrow could have waited, but got it done so could eat for couple days now with grocery supply laid in 
 Looks like i need to fill the bird feeders as have a bunch of angry birds looking my way and squirrels have all the cracked corn feeders empty, so jays are waiting for corn and sunflower seeds   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:10pm
Time for some squirrellybird pie.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:04pm
3 hours of plowing and have enough snow moved to get in and out again - but mud under snow and plowed up lot of gravel - 
 Put bucket on skid loader and moved some snow in the back yard and near steps so can use the back door now - cleaned up so could fill bird feeders and got 4 of them filled 
 Soon as I had seed in them the birds flocked in cardinals and small black and gray birds now number about 50 out there 
 couple red winged blackbirds and couple woodpeckers showed up also 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:27pm
Why I hate snow ! Seems after plowing snow since 1972 for myself and a few years before woking for someone else I am about snowed out .
  Last night son got stuck - so took dump truck over to pull him out - so slippery that when pulling with big truck it walked sideways and just about into ditch .
 Used it as a anchor and used a come along chain hoist to pull his truck back - then used tow strap to move dump truck (after parting 2 straps) - had to back out onto another road with dump - that took several tries to stay on the road as slippery - 
 So 4 hours wasted last night 
This morning his other plow truck broke the lift cylinder clevis so ad to run tools out to remove that and then drive 25 miles to get new cylinder - another 3 hours shot 
  Just plowed neighbors drive with the skid loader 16" wide tires are useless on compacted snow - spin tires more than moving - plow up more rock and grass from soft ground under compacted snow . 
  COME ON SUN - melt this junk   
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:49pm
Plowing snow when the ground is not froze is baaaad! I put a 2" pipe over the cutting edge of my 10' plow and changed it from a bulldozer blade to a snow pusher. We all want warm weather to stay bad enough! We did not get snow we got ICE! Power was off for 2 hours and we were lucky some still do not have power back on.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:15pm
Yeah, we got ICE on Friday LATE and into Saturday.
I was spending QUALITY time with my 3 granddaughters at my sons house until he got home from a birthday party about 1:30 am....Drove home doing about 30 mph TOPS.  Nothing but ICE and slush!!  Then we got the THUNDER storms and then the HAIL and then the ICE again and then the snow!!  We got almost 9" of the WET HEAVY PRETTY!!
GADS, I'm sick of this crappppp....

Coke, I had a city plow (BIG AZZZ water truck) get stuck next to the house.  I had to talk him through; lift the blade, back up, back up farther, give it some gas and smack the pile.....WAIT, STOP, DON'T drop the blade, take HALF the pile first and then do it again....  Kids,  If it doesn't have an automatic tranny, they're helpless and they have NO COMMON SENSE... I'm glad my pickup wasn't parked there at the time!!  It usually is....

SPEAKING OF THAT PRETTY...................... somebody get a rope!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:34pm
Longest winter on record here now and another dang blizzard blowing through as I type this. I think this is the 106th day of January!!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:57pm
That darn north wind started friday morning and put a slight freeze into the ground and the temps kept dropping started snowing with that hellatious winds... and howled all the next two days. Had 3' drifts in places by Sunday night.  Cleaned out the driveway at 9pm sliding the bucket lightly on the frozen ground... or it would dig in.  It still snowed a couple more inches but that melted some today despite being 30 degrees and cloudy. 

Rope? thats to good for the perpetrator...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic