This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

verizon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: verizon
    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:35pm
for any of ya'll that have the Verizon jet pak for internet, it will prolly pay you to pull the battery out of the pak when internet is not in use. we started getting huge bills from Verizon, they said it was from being on the net so much. I always turned off the jet pak when I was done with the internet, then when one of us would go to get back on the net the next day, we would turn it on, only to discover it was on all night long and would power off again. we started to pull the battery out when we were done, and our bills have dropped by almost half! i'm wondering if Verizon has a way to power up our jet paks remotely? i'm thinking so, otherwise it wouldn't have been on all the time when we weren't on with it!
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 3:40am
I closed off the internet about 0130 AM, and just now went to come back on, and the jet pak was on again. I had turned it off when I left earlier. I didn't have to turn it on to get back on here. when I leave here in a few minutes, i'll yank the battery from it.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 6:27am
An old truck driver trick to 'go off the grid' with satellite tracking on their trucks, was put metal milk pail over their antenna. Might work for your internet. Same way cell phones don't work in a metal building.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:41am
Ah Verizon....... One of the crookedest companies I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with!!!!!!!!!
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
I cut the Verizon wires off of my house(very poor service) a few years ago and I believe that there a lot of out dated and poor quality Verizon cables on poles that aren't being used because of cell phones and they won't update or remove them!

Edited by nella(Pa) - 20 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 10:30am
I have Verizon but only 'fwip-fone' and minimal minutes so less than $50 a month... i had to change cause Sprint did not work in specific area here... Thanks for the info, I know not to 'go big' on wanting service.   by the way I use I-pod for internet, course I need wi-fi for that.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic