This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UTV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTV
    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:57am
What are you guys running for side x sides? Looking hard at the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 just for the way the seats are configured. I can have rear seats if we want to take the kids and go for a ride, yet the rear seats fold down and I can still have a functioning dump bed for utility work.  We have been a Yamaha family but dont like the way the rear seats are in the Wolverine. Even when the seats are folded up you still dont have a full bed.

Looked hard at the JD Gator but could not get past the 3 cyl China "Chery" engine they use.
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Sponsored Links

ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:10am
my ol hunting buddy passed away in march and he left me a polaris ranger,,,

i already had a polaris 4 wheeler ,,,so i gots two now,,,a wheeler and a sidexside ,,,i kinda like the sidexside

but it was a gift from a dear friend,,,

i do like the seat option on the honda,,,,

polaris has been in the sxs game for a lot of years,,,,not sure about honda and the sxs,,,

i doubt you could go wrong with either,,,both good names,,,prolly just options and what you like about it

heck i went over to the dealer the other day for some oil change stuff,,,now they gots the dang things with a cab and AC,,radio,,heater,,,,chit ,,like buyin a real small truck,,,didnt even ask what them cost

ocharry
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:28am
All and any are way outta my price range< but they sure look handy!
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:58am
Kind of out of my price range too but the used ones around here are not ones you want to buy....usually rode pretty hard and put away wet so to speak........

I am looking at it as an investment. If you buy a name brand machine, take care of it and service it like you should, it should last you many many years
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:01am
Also Honda is the only one that doesnt use a belt. They actually use a 6 speed automatic transmission that you can shift manually with paddles on the steering wheel or it can go to full auto mode and its just like the wifes car.......

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic