This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

upgrade SCAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upgrade SCAM
    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:58am
head's up !!!!!

Watched 'Marketplace' last night, A CBC 'investigation' program. Mostly about HVAC scammers this episode, like getting you to rent a $1600 furnace for $43,000
However the one HUGE RED FLAG is that there's a 'security' clause on the contracts. Buried in the itty bitty fine print, very,very carefully worded so YOU don't know they WILL put a LIEN onto your house !!!
Turns out, 10s of 1,000s have had this done ,without their knowledge. One lady had a fancy doorbell installed. Since it's 'attached' to the house and 'leased', the company put a $16,000 LIEN on her house. She can't sell until the LIEN is paid, in full !!
Nuther guy paid over 20K....
Turns out anyone can put a lien on anyone's property by going to guv website, fill in the blanks, pay a 'filing fee'. Owner is NOT informed that there IS a LIEN !!!

Don't know what the rules are 'south of the 49th' but this scam (100% legal) is really scary.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:08am
pull that CHIT around were i live and you might find yourself face down in a hog lot.. PERMANENTLY.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:33am
MN as many states have made putting a lien on property more difficult for contractors as it requires a Notice of Intent to Lien , which is a separate paper and it has a 3 day process of that intent be given. 
  I did a house addition on a place and filed a lien , homeowner then came up with all kinds of so called flaws - they filed a small claims court hearing demanding payment to rectify of full amount of the work done . 
  Only problem is I had hired a Ruthless attorney to represent case in District Court , small claims judge ruled in their favor even though I told him the matter was scheduled for District Court the next week. 
  Ended up District Court threw out small claims judgement , ruled they had to pay the bill , and granted immediate payment . Said they did not have the money , Judge said goods and personal property could be seized in leu of cash . 
  Next day (with a court order) Attorney had hired a repossession company to seize any and all goods (that were without outstanding financial attachments) so removed stove , refrigerator , lawn mower , boat , snow mobile , and some other items from property . 
  ODD they found the cash to pay before the outfit could finish loading the goods . 
Found out later these individual had pulled the same SCAM on several contractors over the years of claiming damages of some kind to get out of paying for goods and services.
  This was first and last time I ever had a problem in 30 years of business .   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:03am
Why would anyone rent a furnace ? LOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:01am
why.. same as water heaters, cars, etc. because the 'sellers' pray on their victims. It was disgusting to see them on TV last night. One gal was told water heater HAD to be replaced withing 6 days, touch it,it'll blow up....
You can probably watch it online, hopefully you can stomach it.

dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 1:19pm
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
Guess Im missing something - rent a $ 1600 furnace for $43,000- dont understand none of this , 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 2:03pm
Me either, should be tantamount to Bait and Switch
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm
instead of buying the furnace , they con-vince you to rent it,probably saying 'no charge for repairs', etc. in the one case ther's a 3.5% INCREASE in the monthly fee after a year ! As the homeowner said...they're charging me more, even though it's worth less !

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 3:42pm
Thinking the home owner maybe should be ALOT SMARTER ! Good luck to all involved, - Laugh out loud ! 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 3:54pm
these sales guys are real  slime balls, pray upon older folks, usually widows and the Ontario guv does NOTHING

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 3:01pm
Marketplace AND Facebook itself is a SCAM!!!  ALL of the ads that have "sponsor" under them are scams,--a couple REAL bad ones are a Stihl 881 chainsaw for $89.-- or the Komatsu baby excavator for around 89 to 129!
FB allows this crap to go on and our fine govt wont put a stop to it. FB has to be on the take cause these ads are on by the dozens.
The private ads are for the most part real and I have bought some good stuff on there from some nice people! ---just gotta watch yourself on there!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 12:52am
Yeah, my buddy got scammed on a generator.  He called me within the hour and told me about the great deal.  I told him to notify his credit card company and tell them you think it's a scam.  Luckily his credit company knocked the deal in the head right away and no charge to him.

CANNOT believe that this is an ongoing thing and our horse t**d govt won't put a stop to this!!  Thanks Brandon....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 11:00am
I read a story years ago about some outfit that showed up at an elderly lady's house to inspect the furnace.  She showed them where it was and later they come up and tell her it's no good and has to be replaced.  She goes down stairs and discovers it in pieces.  Goes up stairs and calls her son who comes over with some of his buddies.  Seems he and the buddies worked for the mob.  When the "inspectors" saw the amount of "heat" the son and friends were carrying, they quickly put the furnace back together and promised they would not be doing any inspections in the neighborhood again.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 5:47pm
Mom Had the company who had been delivering oil for years inspect the furnace as part of the yearly service contract.  They said cracked manifold, showed her a picture of a cracked manifold, on the tech's cell phone.  Picture looked funny to me, I looked, it was of another, similar furnace, Bye-bye griffith oil!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic